Master Class on Vitiligo in Tehran, Iran
A one-day intense program, connected with 10th Congress of New Articles, Innovations in Dermatology.
Message from the President
It is my pleasure to announce the First International Master class of Vitiligo in Tehran, Iran that will be held in May 2015.
According to the successful experiences of the 2-3 days Master Classes of Vitiligo in other countries we decided to arrange a one-day Master class to cover a rapid up to date about Vitiligo. We combined this class with the tenth congress of New Articles and Innovation in Dermatology on May 13-15 2015, which is held annually by the Skin Research Center Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences in Tehran.
Experts and pioneers will share their newest achievements in this field. We hope to organize future Master Classes in conjunction with live workshops and hands on sessions in Iran regularly.
Associated Professor of Dermatology
Fellowship of Dermatopathology,
Skin Research Center, Shohadaye Tajrish Hospital
Shahid Beheshiti University of Medical Science, Tehran, Iran
President of The First International Master Class of Vitiligo
Report and Photos
The Vitiligo Master Class resulted in a great educational and social success under the unrivalled presidency of Professor Fariba Ghalamkarpour. Continue
Website and Contacts
Skin Research center, Shohada-e Tajrish Hospital, Ghods Sq., Shahrdari St.,1989934148, Tehran, Iran
May 14, 2015
8.20 - 12.30
- Holly Quran And National Anthem
- Welcome note from Prof. Parviz Toossi
- Importance Of Master class of Vitiligo &Vitiligo research In Iran. Prof. Fariba Ghalamkarpour
- Introduction To Master class of Vitiligo. Prof. Torello Lotti
- Pathophysiology of vitiligo. Prof. Klaus Wolff
10.30 - 11.00 Coffee Break
11.00 - 12.30
Chairs: Prof. Yahya Dowlati, Prof. Yvon Gauthier, Prof. Mats Olsson
- Vitiligo: what’s new, what's true in 2015? Prof. Torello Lotti
- Marginal repigmentation of vitiligo macules: a review of facilitating treatments. Prof. Yvon Gauthier
- Surgical treatment of vitiligo. Prof. Mats Olsson
12.30 - 13.30 Lunch
13.30 - 16.30
- Low Dose Cytokines treatment of Vitiligo: the future is here! Prof. Torello Lotti
- Is Melanoma associated depigmentation Vitiligo? Prof. Klaus Wolff
- How can we actually assess the stability of a vitiligo lesion: Clinical and Histological studies of the marginal area? Prof. Yvon Gauthier
- Meeting the professors and Discussion
Read about Skin Research Center of Shahid Behest University of Medical Sciences: download leaflet
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
Master Class On Vitiligo In Pediatric Age
will be held alongside “International Forum on Paediatric Dermatology”, which will take place in Rome (Italy), on October 5-7, 2017. This is an exciting opportunity t...06 October 2017 09:00, P.zza Giovanni Randaccio, 1 - Rome...
Master Class On Vitiligo alongside the World Congress Of Dermatology
The Italian Society of Dermatology will host the 24th World Congress of Dermatology in Milan, Italy, under the auspices of the International League of Dermatological ...10 June 2019 09:00, Milan, Italy
Is there a special diet for vitiligo?
We have specifically looked into claims that some food supplements or special diet may ease symptoms of vitiligo, or completely reverse it, and found no firm scientifi...
I have vitiligo: will my children have vitiligo, too?
In some cases vitiligo seems to be inherited and run in families, with children whose parents have vitiligo being at increased risk of developing the condition themsel...
Polypodium leucotomos as an adjunct treatment for vitiligo?
Extracts of the tropical fern Polypodium leucotomos appear to possess beneficial properties for the vitiligious skin. Polypodium leucotomos (also classified as Polypo...
Why there is no drug for vitiligo yet?
Despite the dearth of medications available to treat psoriasis - a disease with similar prevalence numbers and impact on quality of life - vitiligo has no known cure o...