Master Class on Vitiligo in Tehran, Iran
A one-day intense program, connected with 10th Congress of New Articles, Innovations in Dermatology.
Message from the President
It is my pleasure to announce the First International Master class of Vitiligo in Tehran, Iran that will be held in May 2015.
According to the successful experiences of the 2-3 days Master Classes of Vitiligo in other countries we decided to arrange a one-day Master class to cover a rapid up to date about Vitiligo. We combined this class with the tenth congress of New Articles and Innovation in Dermatology on May 13-15 2015, which is held annually by the Skin Research Center Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences in Tehran.
Experts and pioneers will share their newest achievements in this field. We hope to organize future Master Classes in conjunction with live workshops and hands on sessions in Iran regularly.
Associated Professor of Dermatology
Fellowship of Dermatopathology,
Skin Research Center, Shohadaye Tajrish Hospital
Shahid Beheshiti University of Medical Science, Tehran, Iran
President of The First International Master Class of Vitiligo
Report and Photos
The Vitiligo Master Class resulted in a great educational and social success under the unrivalled presidency of Professor Fariba Ghalamkarpour. Continue
Website and Contacts
Skin Research center, Shohada-e Tajrish Hospital, Ghods Sq., Shahrdari St.,1989934148, Tehran, Iran
May 14, 2015
8.20 - 12.30
- Holly Quran And National Anthem
- Welcome note from Prof. Parviz Toossi
- Importance Of Master class of Vitiligo &Vitiligo research In Iran. Prof. Fariba Ghalamkarpour
- Introduction To Master class of Vitiligo. Prof. Torello Lotti
- Pathophysiology of vitiligo. Prof. Klaus Wolff
10.30 - 11.00 Coffee Break
11.00 - 12.30
Chairs: Prof. Yahya Dowlati, Prof. Yvon Gauthier, Prof. Mats Olsson
- Vitiligo: what’s new, what's true in 2015? Prof. Torello Lotti
- Marginal repigmentation of vitiligo macules: a review of facilitating treatments. Prof. Yvon Gauthier
- Surgical treatment of vitiligo. Prof. Mats Olsson
12.30 - 13.30 Lunch
13.30 - 16.30
- Low Dose Cytokines treatment of Vitiligo: the future is here! Prof. Torello Lotti
- Is Melanoma associated depigmentation Vitiligo? Prof. Klaus Wolff
- How can we actually assess the stability of a vitiligo lesion: Clinical and Histological studies of the marginal area? Prof. Yvon Gauthier
- Meeting the professors and Discussion
Read about Skin Research Center of Shahid Behest University of Medical Sciences: download leaflet
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
The Step Up for Vitiligo Gala
Dallas-Fort Worth Vitiligo Support Group is organizing  'The Step Up for Vitiligo Gala' which will take place on April 28th in Austin, Texas at UT-Austin.  ...28 April 2018 12:00, Austin, Texas at UT-Austin
11th session of the Conference of States Parties to the CRPD
The 11th session Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) will take place at the United Nations Headquarters, New York, from 12 to 14 June 2018. Mo...12 June 2018 09:00, UN Plaza, New York
What causes vitiligo?
Surprisingly, the causes of vitiligo are yet to be precisely established. Researchers know the cause is pre-wired in your genes, just waiting for a bad luck moment. In...
How can I cure vitiligo?
There is no cure for vitiligo, but there are a number of effective treatment options that can be discussed with your GP or dermatologist. The aim of treatment is to st...
I have vitiligo: will my children have vitiligo, too?
Children born to parents who both have the disorder are more likely to develop vitiligo. However, most children will not get vitiligo even if one parent has it. In ch...