Master Class on Vitiligo in Tehran, Iran
A one-day intense program, connected with 10th Congress of New Articles, Innovations in Dermatology.
Message from the President
It is my pleasure to announce the First International Master class of Vitiligo in Tehran, Iran that will be held in May 2015.
According to the successful experiences of the 2-3 days Master Classes of Vitiligo in other countries we decided to arrange a one-day Master class to cover a rapid up to date about Vitiligo. We combined this class with the tenth congress of New Articles and Innovation in Dermatology on May 13-15 2015, which is held annually by the Skin Research Center Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences in Tehran.
Experts and pioneers will share their newest achievements in this field. We hope to organize future Master Classes in conjunction with live workshops and hands on sessions in Iran regularly.
Associated Professor of Dermatology
Fellowship of Dermatopathology,
Skin Research Center, Shohadaye Tajrish Hospital
Shahid Beheshiti University of Medical Science, Tehran, Iran
President of The First International Master Class of Vitiligo
Report and Photos
The Vitiligo Master Class resulted in a great educational and social success under the unrivalled presidency of Professor Fariba Ghalamkarpour. Continue
Website and Contacts
Skin Research center, Shohada-e Tajrish Hospital, Ghods Sq., Shahrdari St.,1989934148, Tehran, Iran
May 14, 2015
8.20 - 12.30
- Holly Quran And National Anthem
- Welcome note from Prof. Parviz Toossi
- Importance Of Master class of Vitiligo &Vitiligo research In Iran. Prof. Fariba Ghalamkarpour
- Introduction To Master class of Vitiligo. Prof. Torello Lotti
- Pathophysiology of vitiligo. Prof. Klaus Wolff
10.30 - 11.00 Coffee Break
11.00 - 12.30
Chairs: Prof. Yahya Dowlati, Prof. Yvon Gauthier, Prof. Mats Olsson
- Vitiligo: what’s new, what's true in 2015? Prof. Torello Lotti
- Marginal repigmentation of vitiligo macules: a review of facilitating treatments. Prof. Yvon Gauthier
- Surgical treatment of vitiligo. Prof. Mats Olsson
12.30 - 13.30 Lunch
13.30 - 16.30
- Low Dose Cytokines treatment of Vitiligo: the future is here! Prof. Torello Lotti
- Is Melanoma associated depigmentation Vitiligo? Prof. Klaus Wolff
- How can we actually assess the stability of a vitiligo lesion: Clinical and Histological studies of the marginal area? Prof. Yvon Gauthier
- Meeting the professors and Discussion
Read about Skin Research Center of Shahid Behest University of Medical Sciences: download leaflet
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
VITFriends Fundraising and Awareness Concert in Boston
Featuring: M.C. - Mary-dith Tuitt Jazz vocalist - Katani Summer Steel drum instrumentalist - Justin Petty Vocalist - Emily Orji and Dr. Victor Huan...30 April 2017 14:30, Salvation Army Kroc Center, 650 Du...
Vitiligo Walk-A-Thon in Fort Dallas
The annual Vitiligo Walkathon is organized by Dallas Fort Worth Vitiligo Support Group on May 20, 2017. This is an event held to raise awareness about vitiligo in the...20 May 2017 09:00, Dallas, Texas
What causes vitiligo?
The precise cause of vitiligo is not well understood. The white areas appear due to loss of the pigment (melanin) that gives skin its color and protects it from the su...
Isn't it just a cosmetic disorder?
Like it or not, we live in a society where appearance matters. It should come as no surprise that vitiligo impacts on the psychological well-being and quality of life ...
Why there is no drug for vitiligo yet?
Despite the dearth of medications available to treat psoriasis - a disease with similar prevalence numbers and impact on quality of life - vitiligo has no known cure o...
Is vitiligo contagious?
Vitiligo is NOT contagious. It cannot be passed on or caught from touching someone with vitiligo, shaking hands, swimming in the same pool, sharing towels, sitting nex...