Master Class on Vitiligo in Tehran, Iran
A one-day intense program, connected with 10th Congress of New Articles, Innovations in Dermatology.
Message from the President
It is my pleasure to announce the First International Master class of Vitiligo in Tehran, Iran that will be held in May 2015.
According to the successful experiences of the 2-3 days Master Classes of Vitiligo in other countries we decided to arrange a one-day Master class to cover a rapid up to date about Vitiligo. We combined this class with the tenth congress of New Articles and Innovation in Dermatology on May 13-15 2015, which is held annually by the Skin Research Center Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences in Tehran.
Experts and pioneers will share their newest achievements in this field. We hope to organize future Master Classes in conjunction with live workshops and hands on sessions in Iran regularly.
Associated Professor of Dermatology
Fellowship of Dermatopathology,
Skin Research Center, Shohadaye Tajrish Hospital
Shahid Beheshiti University of Medical Science, Tehran, Iran
President of The First International Master Class of Vitiligo
Report and Photos
The Vitiligo Master Class resulted in a great educational and social success under the unrivalled presidency of Professor Fariba Ghalamkarpour. Continue
Website and Contacts
Skin Research center, Shohada-e Tajrish Hospital, Ghods Sq., Shahrdari St.,1989934148, Tehran, Iran
May 14, 2015
8.20 - 12.30
- Holly Quran And National Anthem
- Welcome note from Prof. Parviz Toossi
- Importance Of Master class of Vitiligo &Vitiligo research In Iran. Prof. Fariba Ghalamkarpour
- Introduction To Master class of Vitiligo. Prof. Torello Lotti
- Pathophysiology of vitiligo. Prof. Klaus Wolff
10.30 - 11.00 Coffee Break
11.00 - 12.30
Chairs: Prof. Yahya Dowlati, Prof. Yvon Gauthier, Prof. Mats Olsson
- Vitiligo: what’s new, what's true in 2015? Prof. Torello Lotti
- Marginal repigmentation of vitiligo macules: a review of facilitating treatments. Prof. Yvon Gauthier
- Surgical treatment of vitiligo. Prof. Mats Olsson
12.30 - 13.30 Lunch
13.30 - 16.30
- Low Dose Cytokines treatment of Vitiligo: the future is here! Prof. Torello Lotti
- Is Melanoma associated depigmentation Vitiligo? Prof. Klaus Wolff
- How can we actually assess the stability of a vitiligo lesion: Clinical and Histological studies of the marginal area? Prof. Yvon Gauthier
- Meeting the professors and Discussion
Read about Skin Research Center of Shahid Behest University of Medical Sciences: download leaflet
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
New York Vitiligo Community Meeting
Our next meeting will be after the World Vitiligo Day conference in Detroit on Thursday, July 20th, 2017, at 7PM - 8:30PM on the 11th floor of NYU's Ambulatory Care Ce...20 July 2017 19:00, 240 East 38th Street, New York, NY
Master Class On Vitiligo In Pediatric Age
will be held alongside “International Forum on Paediatric Dermatology”, which will take place in Rome (Italy), on October 5-7, 2017. This is an exciting opportunity t...06 October 2017 09:00, P.zza Giovanni Randaccio, 1 - Rome...
Polypodium leucotomos as an adjunct treatment for vitiligo?
Extracts of the tropical fern Polypodium leucotomos appear to possess beneficial properties for the vitiligious skin. Polypodium leucotomos (also classified as Polypo...
How to get insurance coverage for vitiligo treatments?
Most of health insurance companies will initially reject claims for vitiligo doctor visits or phototherapy treatments but with enough efforts you can have a substantia...
Can chemicals cause vitiligo?
Yes, certain chemicals can, indeed, induce or worsen vitiligo. Most commonly they include phenols, such as 4-tertiary-butyl phenol (4-TBP, found in adhesives) or 4-ter...
Is there a traditional medicine to treat vitiligo?
During the last decades, new methods of therapeutic research, ethno-botany and ethno-pharmacology and even archeo-pharmacology (PubMed), have been used extensively to ...