Vitiligo: Questions and Answers
- Table of Contents
- Front and Back covers
- Vitiligo Q&A in English, Chinese, Croatian, German, Italian, Macedonian, Russian
Patient Questionnaire (self-reported)
Follow the link to Publications page.
Vitiligo Biobank & Clinic
- Patient Biobank Record
- Informed Consent Form
- Supplementary form to Patient Biobank Record (Transplantation Procedure)
- Supplementary form to Patient Biobank Record (Transplantation Results)
- Form to Patient Biobank Record - Follow-up Visit
- Form to Patient Biobank Record - Primary Visit
- Vitiligo Biobank Guidelines - Blood & Serum Collection
- Vitiligo Biobank Guidelines - Data Collection
- Gold Standard in Biobanking for Vitiligo and Rare Diseases
World Vitiligo Day Toolkit
- Sample Media Release
- Petition leaflets and/or posters in English (leaflet, poster), Chinese (leaflet, poster), Czech (leaflet, poster), French (leaflet side1, leaflet side2), Italian (leaflet, poster), Macedonian (leaflet, poster), Portuguese (leaflet, poster), Russian (poster).
- Sample Invitation Email to Journalists
- Sample Invitation to the Press-Conference
- Graphics: World Vitiligo Day logo, T-shirts (sample photo, pdf or cdr)
- Vitiligo: Challenges and Opportunities for Social Entrepreneurs and Communities (2014)
- Letter To Editor on the World Vitiligo Day campaign (2014)
- Interview with VRF President Mr. Dmitry Aksenov (2013)
- VR Foundation logo
Older materials, lectures, poster presentations and videos are available for download via SlideShare.
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
United Nations ECOSOC session
The tenth session of the Conference of States Parties to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) will take place from Tuesday 13 to Thursday ...13 June 2017 10:00, UN Plaza, New York
World Vitiligo Day celebration conference in Detroit, USA
U.S. World Vitiligo Day 2017 Theme: "Step Up for Vitiligo: A Call for Truth, Hope and Change!" Reflecting the mission of the “Step Up for Vitiligo” campaign that came...23 June 2017 18:00, Detroit, Michigan, USA
What tests should be done?
No tests are usually necessary to make the diagnosis. The white patches may be seen more easily under Wood's light examination.
What's better: laser or phototherapy?
In a recent controlled study researchers assessed effect and safety of different laser and phototherapy treatments, such as excimer laser/light, narrowband UVB, UVA an...
How to get insurance coverage for vitiligo treatments?
Most of health insurance companies will initially reject claims for vitiligo doctor visits or phototherapy treatments but with enough efforts you can have a substantia...
What causes vitiligo?
The precise cause of vitiligo is not well understood. The white areas appear due to loss of the pigment (melanin) that gives skin its color and protects it from the su...