Vitiligo: Questions and Answers
- Table of Contents
- Front and Back covers
- Vitiligo Q&A in English, Chinese, Croatian, German, Italian, Macedonian, Russian
Patient Questionnaire (self-reported)
By taking a little time to fill in this questionnaire, you can help us find a cure for vitiligo. Your responses will be part of the clinical data we are gathering for future research projects.
Two steps are generally required in the application process. First, the applicant should submit a free-form, brief Letter of Inquiry. If invited to submit a formal proposal, the applicant should submit a full Application Form.
Vitiligo Biobank & Clinic
At the VR Foundation we have put forward a clear vision for the standardization of vitiligo medical records, clinical data points and biosample collection procedures.
- Patient Biobank Record
- Supplement to Patient Biobank Record (Transplantation Procedure)
- Supplement to Patient Biobank Record (Transplantation Results)
- Informed Consent Form for Bio-sample Collection
- Vitiligo Biobank Guidelines - Blood & Serum Collection
- Vitiligo Biobank Guidelines - Data Collection
World Vitiligo Day Toolkit
- Sample Media Release
- Petition leaflets and/or posters in English (leaflet, poster), Chinese (leaflet, poster), Czech (leaflet, poster), French (leaflet side1, leaflet side2), Italian (leaflet, poster), Macedonian (leaflet, poster), Portuguese (leaflet, poster), Russian (poster).
- Sample Invitation Email to Journalists
- Sample Invitation to the Press-Conference
- Graphics: World Vitiligo Day logo, T-shirts (sample photo, pdf or cdr)
- Vitiligo: Challenges and Opportunities for Social Entrepreneurs and Communities (2014)
- Letter To Editor on the World Vitiligo Day campaign (2014)
- Interview with VRF President Mr. Dmitry Aksenov (2013)
- VR Foundation logo
Older materials, lectures, poster presentations and videos are available for download via SlideShare.
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
The Step Up for Vitiligo Gala
Dallas-Fort Worth Vitiligo Support Group is organizing 'The Step Up for Vitiligo Gala' which will take place on April 28th in Austin, Texas at UT-Austin. Dr. Ammar Ah...28 April 2018 12:00, Austin, Texas at UT-Austin
11th session of the Conference of States Parties to the CRPD
The 11th session Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) will take place at the United Nations Headquarters, New York, from 12 to 14 June 2018. Mo...12 June 2018 09:00, UN Plaza, New York
How long does it take to treat vitiligo?
Treatment results will vary by person and type of vitiligo. The rule of thumb is that you will need to allow at least 3 to 6 months before you begin to see results fro...
Isn't it just a cosmetic disorder?
Contrary to popular belief, vitiligo is not a cosmetic disorder but a systemic disease affecting the largest body organ and other vital systems. For more than 1.6 mi...
Is it possible to stop the progression of vitiligo?
It is true that vitiligo progression could be stopped in 4 out of 5 cases by the use of potent systemic corticosteroids - that is, oral medications. However, system...