Lecture at Tufts on Vitiligo News in 2014
Prof. Torello Lotti lectured at the Tufts University Medical Center in Boston on the latest research, developments and treatments in vitiligo last week, including:
- Updated hypothesis on vitiligo pathogenesis;
- New laser phototherapy equipment;
- Novel biodegradable nanovectors therapy based on SIRTUINS-Resveratrol interaction;
- New data on Neovir's nearly 80% efficacy for stopping vitiligo progression;
- Photocil, an FDA-approved lotion for selective phototherapy using sunlight, coming to market soon;
- Zanderm, a convenient vitiligo concealer; made in USA and coming to market soon.
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
11th session of the Conference of States Parties to the CRPD
The 11th session Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) will take place at the United Nations Headquarters, New York, from 12 to 14 June 2018. Mo...12 June 2018 09:00, UN Plaza, New York
Master Class On Vitiligo In Pediatric Age
will be held alongside “International Forum on Paediatric Dermatology”, which will take place in Rome (Italy), on October 5-7, 2017. This is an exciting opportunity...06 October 2018 09:00, P.zza Giovanni Randaccio, 1 - Rome...
Are there any famous people with vitiligo?
Many celebrities have dealt with vitiligo while remaining in the public eye, maintaining a positive outlook, and having a successful career. Here are a few courageous ...
I have vitiligo: will my children have vitiligo, too?
In some cases vitiligo seems to be inherited and run in families, with children whose parents have vitiligo being at increased risk of developing the condition themsel...
Can a gluten-free diet help with vitiligo?
Gluten is the spongy complex of proteins found in wheat, rye and barley, which puffs up when baked with yeast. It is important to realize there are three different...