Lecture at Tufts on Vitiligo News in 2014
Prof. Torello Lotti lectured at the Tufts University Medical Center in Boston on the latest research, developments and treatments in vitiligo last week, including:
- Updated hypothesis on vitiligo pathogenesis;
- New laser phototherapy equipment;
- Novel biodegradable nanovectors therapy based on SIRTUINS-Resveratrol interaction;
- New data on Neovir's nearly 80% efficacy for stopping vitiligo progression;
- Photocil, an FDA-approved lotion for selective phototherapy using sunlight, coming to market soon;
- Zanderm, a convenient vitiligo concealer; made in USA and coming to market soon.
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
The Step Up for Vitiligo Gala
Dallas-Fort Worth Vitiligo Support Group is organizing 'The Step Up for Vitiligo Gala' which will take place on April 28th in Austin, Texas at UT-Austin. Dr. Ammar Ah...28 April 2018 12:00, Austin, Texas at UT-Austin
11th session of the Conference of States Parties to the CRPD
The 11th session Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) will take place at the United Nations Headquarters, New York, from 12 to 14 June 2018. Mo...12 June 2018 09:00, UN Plaza, New York
Is there a special diet for vitiligo?
We have specifically looked into claims that some food supplements or special diet may ease symptoms of vitiligo, or completely reverse it, and found no firm scientifi...
What causes vitiligo?
Surprisingly, the causes of vitiligo are yet to be precisely established. Researchers know the cause is pre-wired in your genes, just waiting for a bad luck moment. In...
Is there a traditional medicine to treat vitiligo?
Traditional medicines may be helpful in chronic, metabolic, and stress-related conditions early in the disease manifestation, before extensive tissue and organ damage ...