World Vitiligo Day 2013
Special thanks to all volunteers and support groups for sharing your activities with us, and we look forward to receiving your photos and updates.
The official World Vitiligo Day media release was issued globally by the VRF at 06:00 Tuesday, June 25, 2013.
We are happy to say that VR Foundation was reaching tens of thousands of people all over the world with the latest facts on vitiligo research through Twitter and Facebook. 130,000+ signatures collected online. Add your voice at 25June.org to help us reach 500,000 signatures before the end of 2013.
- June 25, 2013: WVD Detroit
WJBK Fox TV interview with entertainment guru Lee Thomas, roundtable with Henry Ford Hospital Dermatology Chair Dr. Henry Lim, art-project with Stephanie Corne and more.
- June 25, 2013: WVD Italy
290 Vitiligo patients received a free clinical evaluation at the University Methode Clinics in Italy. TV and radio interviews have completed our italian 25June program.
- June 25, 2013: WVD Kenya Members and friends of Vitiligo Society of Kenya (VISOKE) held a round table talk at KIpepeo Hotel in Nairobi.
- June 25, 2013: WVD Brazil. Fotos do Dia Mundial do Vitiligo from Protetores da Pele, shared by Dr. Omar Lupi (external link.)
- June 22, 2013: The local 100+ strong Dallas-Fort Worth Vitiligo Support Group will hold the first Vitiligo Walk-a-Thon at Breckenridge Park in Richardson, Texas. Register online (external link)
- June 23, 2013: 100,37 Signatures to date!
- June 19, 2013: Meeting of the Croatian Vitiligo Association in Zagreb, with extensive media coverage
- June 8, 2013: Walk in Nigeria was led by VITSAF Founder Ogo Maduewesi.
- June 5, 2013: June is officially a Vitiligo Awareness month in Georgia thanks to Vitiligo Bond and CEO Natasa Pierre McCarthy
- June 1, 2013: T-Shirt Contest has launched
- May 31, 2013: WVD presentations and lectures in Kazakhstan
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
United Nations ECOSOC session
The tenth session of the Conference of States Parties to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) will take place from Tuesday 13 to Thursday ...13 June 2017 10:00, UN Plaza, New York
World Vitiligo Day celebration conference in Detroit, USA
U.S. World Vitiligo Day 2017 Theme: "Step Up for Vitiligo: A Call for Truth, Hope and Change!" Reflecting the mission of the “Step Up for Vitiligo” campaign that came...23 June 2017 18:00, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Is there a traditional medicine to treat vitiligo?
During the last decades, new methods of therapeutic research, ethno-botany and ethno-pharmacology and even archeo-pharmacology (PubMed), have been used extensively to ...
Can Scenesse be used for vitiligo treatment?
The drug Scenesse from Clinuvel has been tested in clinical trials in relation vitiligo. Profs. Henry Lim, Mark Lebwohl and coauthors reported (PubMed) results of mult...
Will it spread?
The condition varies from person to person. Some people only get a few small, white patches that progress no further. Other people get bigger white patches that join u...
What tests should be done?
No tests are usually necessary to make the diagnosis. The white patches may be seen more easily under Wood's light examination.