World Vitiligo Day 2013
Special thanks to all volunteers and support groups for sharing your activities with us, and we look forward to receiving your photos and updates.
The official World Vitiligo Day media release was issued globally by the VRF at 06:00 Tuesday, June 25, 2013.
We are happy to say that VR Foundation was reaching tens of thousands of people all over the world with the latest facts on vitiligo research through Twitter and Facebook. 130,000+ signatures collected online. Add your voice at 25June.org to help us reach 500,000 signatures before the end of 2013.
- June 25, 2013: WVD Detroit
WJBK Fox TV interview with entertainment guru Lee Thomas, roundtable with Henry Ford Hospital Dermatology Chair Dr. Henry Lim, art-project with Stephanie Corne and more.
- June 25, 2013: WVD Italy
290 Vitiligo patients received a free clinical evaluation at the University Methode Clinics in Italy. TV and radio interviews have completed our italian 25June program.
- June 25, 2013: WVD Kenya Members and friends of Vitiligo Society of Kenya (VISOKE) held a round table talk at KIpepeo Hotel in Nairobi.
- June 25, 2013: WVD Brazil. Fotos do Dia Mundial do Vitiligo from Protetores da Pele, shared by Dr. Omar Lupi (external link.)
- June 22, 2013: The local 100+ strong Dallas-Fort Worth Vitiligo Support Group will hold the first Vitiligo Walk-a-Thon at Breckenridge Park in Richardson, Texas. Register online (external link)
- June 23, 2013: 100,37 Signatures to date!
- June 19, 2013: Meeting of the Croatian Vitiligo Association in Zagreb, with extensive media coverage
- June 8, 2013: Walk in Nigeria was led by VITSAF Founder Ogo Maduewesi.
- June 5, 2013: June is officially a Vitiligo Awareness month in Georgia thanks to Vitiligo Bond and CEO Natasa Pierre McCarthy
- June 1, 2013: T-Shirt Contest has launched
- May 31, 2013: WVD presentations and lectures in Kazakhstan
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
11th session of the Conference of States Parties to the CRPD
The 11th session Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) will take place at the United Nations Headquarters, New York, from 12 to 14 June 2018. Mo...12 June 2018 09:00, UN Plaza, New York
Master Class On Vitiligo In Pediatric Age
will be held alongside “International Forum on Paediatric Dermatology”, which will take place in Rome (Italy), on October 5-7, 2017. This is an exciting opportunity...06 October 2018 09:00, P.zza Giovanni Randaccio, 1 - Rome...
Can chemicals cause vitiligo?
Yes, certain chemicals can, indeed, induce or worsen vitiligo. Most commonly they include phenols, such as 4-tertiary-butyl phenol (4-TBP, found in adhesives) or 4-ter...
Can Ginkgo Biloba help with vitiligo?
Ginkgo Biloba extract seems to be a simple, safe and fairly effective therapy for arresting the progression of the vitiligo. Ginkgo Biloba is known to have anti-inflam...
Isn't it just a cosmetic disorder?
Like it or not, we live in a society where appearance matters. It should come as no surprise that vitiligo impacts on the psychological well-being and quality of life ...