World Vitiligo Day 2013
Special thanks to all volunteers and support groups for sharing your activities with us, and we look forward to receiving your photos and updates.
The official World Vitiligo Day media release was issued globally by the VRF at 06:00 Tuesday, June 25, 2013.
We are happy to say that VR Foundation was reaching tens of thousands of people all over the world with the latest facts on vitiligo research through Twitter and Facebook. 130,000+ signatures collected online. Add your voice at 25June.org to help us reach 500,000 signatures before the end of 2013.
- June 25, 2013: WVD Detroit
WJBK Fox TV interview with entertainment guru Lee Thomas, roundtable with Henry Ford Hospital Dermatology Chair Dr. Henry Lim, art-project with Stephanie Corne and more.
- June 25, 2013: WVD Italy
290 Vitiligo patients received a free clinical evaluation at the University Methode Clinics in Italy. TV and radio interviews have completed our italian 25June program.
- June 25, 2013: WVD Kenya Members and friends of Vitiligo Society of Kenya (VISOKE) held a round table talk at KIpepeo Hotel in Nairobi.
- June 25, 2013: WVD Brazil. Fotos do Dia Mundial do Vitiligo from Protetores da Pele, shared by Dr. Omar Lupi (external link.)
- June 22, 2013: The local 100+ strong Dallas-Fort Worth Vitiligo Support Group will hold the first Vitiligo Walk-a-Thon at Breckenridge Park in Richardson, Texas. Register online (external link)
- June 23, 2013: 100,37 Signatures to date!
- June 19, 2013: Meeting of the Croatian Vitiligo Association in Zagreb, with extensive media coverage
- June 8, 2013: Walk in Nigeria was led by VITSAF Founder Ogo Maduewesi.
- June 5, 2013: June is officially a Vitiligo Awareness month in Georgia thanks to Vitiligo Bond and CEO Natasa Pierre McCarthy
- June 1, 2013: T-Shirt Contest has launched
- May 31, 2013: WVD presentations and lectures in Kazakhstan
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
World Vitiligo Day celebration conference in Detroit, USA
U.S. World Vitiligo Day 2017 Theme: "Step Up for Vitiligo: A Call for Truth, Hope and Change!" Reflecting the mission of the “Step Up for Vitiligo” campaign that came...23 June 2017 18:00, Detroit, Michigan, USA
New York Vitiligo Community Meeting
Our next meeting will be after the World Vitiligo Day conference in Detroit on Thursday, July 20th, 2017, at 7PM - 8:30PM on the 11th floor of NYU's Ambulatory Care Ce...20 July 2017 19:00, 240 East 38th Street, New York, NY
Why there is no drug for vitiligo yet?
Despite the dearth of medications available to treat psoriasis - a disease with similar prevalence numbers and impact on quality of life - vitiligo has no known cure o...
Is vitiligo contagious?
Vitiligo is NOT contagious. It cannot be passed on or caught from touching someone with vitiligo, shaking hands, swimming in the same pool, sharing towels, sitting nex...
Can Ginkgo Biloba help with vitiligo?
Ginkgo Biloba extract seems to be a simple, safe and fairly effective therapy for arresting the progression of the vitiligo. Ginkgo Biloba is known to have anti-inflam...
Dermaroller® use for vitiligo therapy
A derma-roller is a medical device that looks like a cylindrical shaped drum studded with very fine needles and is produced under several different names. It is used i...