World Vitiligo Day 2013
Special thanks to all volunteers and support groups for sharing your activities with us, and we look forward to receiving your photos and updates.
The official World Vitiligo Day media release was issued globally by the VRF at 06:00 Tuesday, June 25, 2013.
We are happy to say that VR Foundation was reaching tens of thousands of people all over the world with the latest facts on vitiligo research through Twitter and Facebook. 130,000+ signatures collected online. Add your voice at 25June.org to help us reach 500,000 signatures before the end of 2013.
- June 25, 2013: WVD Detroit
WJBK Fox TV interview with entertainment guru Lee Thomas, roundtable with Henry Ford Hospital Dermatology Chair Dr. Henry Lim, art-project with Stephanie Corne and more.
- June 25, 2013: WVD Italy
290 Vitiligo patients received a free clinical evaluation at the University Methode Clinics in Italy. TV and radio interviews have completed our italian 25June program.
- June 25, 2013: WVD Kenya Members and friends of Vitiligo Society of Kenya (VISOKE) held a round table talk at KIpepeo Hotel in Nairobi.
- June 25, 2013: WVD Brazil. Fotos do Dia Mundial do Vitiligo from Protetores da Pele, shared by Dr. Omar Lupi (external link.)
- June 22, 2013: The local 100+ strong Dallas-Fort Worth Vitiligo Support Group will hold the first Vitiligo Walk-a-Thon at Breckenridge Park in Richardson, Texas. Register online (external link)
- June 23, 2013: 100,37 Signatures to date!
- June 19, 2013: Meeting of the Croatian Vitiligo Association in Zagreb, with extensive media coverage
- June 8, 2013: Walk in Nigeria was led by VITSAF Founder Ogo Maduewesi.
- June 5, 2013: June is officially a Vitiligo Awareness month in Georgia thanks to Vitiligo Bond and CEO Natasa Pierre McCarthy
- June 1, 2013: T-Shirt Contest has launched
- May 31, 2013: WVD presentations and lectures in Kazakhstan
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
XXIII Master Class in Cuba
will be held as a part of INDERCOS Winter Meeting, in collaboration with Cuban Vitiligo Support and Research Group. International and national expert speakers will di...16 November 2017 09:00, Hotel Nacional de Cuba, Habana, Cuba
High-level Meeting on the Asian and Pacific Decade of People With Disabilities
The UN's Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), in cooperation with the China Disabled Persons’ Federation (CDPF), is organizing the High-lev...27 November 2017 09:00, Beijing, China
Isn't it just a cosmetic disorder?
Like it or not, we live in a society where appearance matters. It should come as no surprise that vitiligo impacts on the psychological well-being and quality of life ...
Can Scenesse be used for vitiligo treatment?
The drug Scenesse from Clinuvel has been tested in clinical trials in relation vitiligo. Profs. Henry Lim, Mark Lebwohl and coauthors reported (PubMed) results of mult...
How can I cure vitiligo?
There is no cure for vitiligo, but there are a number of effective treatment options that can be discussed with your GP or dermatologist. The aim of treatment is to st...
I have vitiligo: will my children have vitiligo, too?
In some cases vitiligo seems to be inherited and run in families, with children whose parents have vitiligo being at increased risk of developing the condition themsel...