World Vitiligo Day 2013
Special thanks to all volunteers and support groups for sharing your activities with us, and we look forward to receiving your photos and updates.
The official World Vitiligo Day media release was issued globally by the VRF at 06:00 Tuesday, June 25, 2013.
We are happy to say that VR Foundation was reaching tens of thousands of people all over the world with the latest facts on vitiligo research through Twitter and Facebook. 130,000+ signatures collected online. Add your voice at 25June.org to help us reach 500,000 signatures before the end of 2013.
- June 25, 2013: WVD Detroit
WJBK Fox TV interview with entertainment guru Lee Thomas, roundtable with Henry Ford Hospital Dermatology Chair Dr. Henry Lim, art-project with Stephanie Corne and more.
- June 25, 2013: WVD Italy
290 Vitiligo patients received a free clinical evaluation at the University Methode Clinics in Italy. TV and radio interviews have completed our italian 25June program.
- June 25, 2013: WVD Kenya Members and friends of Vitiligo Society of Kenya (VISOKE) held a round table talk at KIpepeo Hotel in Nairobi.
- June 25, 2013: WVD Brazil. Fotos do Dia Mundial do Vitiligo from Protetores da Pele, shared by Dr. Omar Lupi (external link.)
- June 22, 2013: The local 100+ strong Dallas-Fort Worth Vitiligo Support Group will hold the first Vitiligo Walk-a-Thon at Breckenridge Park in Richardson, Texas. Register online (external link)
- June 23, 2013: 100,37 Signatures to date!
- June 19, 2013: Meeting of the Croatian Vitiligo Association in Zagreb, with extensive media coverage
- June 8, 2013: Walk in Nigeria was led by VITSAF Founder Ogo Maduewesi.
- June 5, 2013: June is officially a Vitiligo Awareness month in Georgia thanks to Vitiligo Bond and CEO Natasa Pierre McCarthy
- June 1, 2013: T-Shirt Contest has launched
- May 31, 2013: WVD presentations and lectures in Kazakhstan
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
NY Vitiligo Community Meeting in September
Our next meeting will be on Thursday, September 21st, at 7PM - 8:30PM on the 11th floor of NYU's Ambulatory Care Center at 240 East 38th Street, between 2nd and 3rd Av...21 September 2017 19:00, 11th floor of NYU's Ambulatory Car...
Vitiligo Advocacy Day at the US Capitol
Save-the-Date for the much anticipated Vitiligo Advocacy Day at the United States Capitol this fall. As many of you know, the Advocacy Committee of the Global Vitilig...04 October 2017 10:00, Washington, DC
I have a new job - should I tell colleagues about my vitiligo?
If you are starting a new job and you are concerned about stares and questions about your skin, try a proactive approach. When the time is right and you are feeling co...
What causes vitiligo?
The precise cause of vitiligo is not well understood. The white areas appear due to loss of the pigment (melanin) that gives skin its color and protects it from the su...
Can a gluten-free diet help with vitiligo?
Gluten is the spongy complex of proteins found in wheat, rye and barley, which puffs up when baked with yeast. It is important to realize there are three different...
I have vitiligo: will my children have vitiligo, too?
In some cases vitiligo seems to be inherited and run in families, with children whose parents have vitiligo being at increased risk of developing the condition themsel...