Top Events From 2015
Beginning of the year is always a great time to reflect on the past year. We want to take this opportunity to share our 2015 highlights from Vitiligo Land, so without further ado, here they are:
- We collected 500,000 signatures to support the World Vitiligo Day petition and awaiting for the official registration with the UN / ECOSOC to begin the dialogue.
- 7 Master Classes on Vitiligo and Pigmentary Disorders were held for well over 1,100 participants, to share best practices in vitiligo management and connect with community.
- Over 150,000 people from nearly every country of the world visited our website to learn about vitiligo or find specialists in their neighborhood.
- Community Pulse widget on our home page and Quick Polls provide an instantaneous reading of the current state of Vitiligo Land.
- Mainstream media is going now after vitiligo celebrities, from Cosmopolitan to CNN to Huffington Post to Popsugar ( video) to many other videos, to help people understand what it takes to live with vitiligo and raise awareness.
- New products indicate increased and much anticipated activity in Vitiligo Land. We've seen launch of the new camouflage, cosmeceutical, supplement products last year and anticipate more to come in 2016, - enough for us to begin a new section with product reviews.
- We added many new pins to the World Vitiligo Map, including World Vitiligo Alliance, support & research group in Cuba and even an online community.
- We embraced fully the Open Source Research concept and started sharing original data from Vitiligo CloudBank with vitiligo investigators, while collecting new data to enhance the understanding of the disease.
Yes we know, some of these events have nothing to do with us directly, but it is kinda cool that we helped launch several publications, products, campaigns, groups for the benefit of the global vitiligo community.
What a year! We hope to see you at one of 10 international events we planned this year and wish you in person a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year 2016.
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
NY Vitiligo Community Meeting in September
Our next meeting will be on Thursday, September 21st, at 7PM - 8:30PM on the 11th floor of NYU's Ambulatory Care Center at 240 East 38th Street, between 2nd and 3rd Av...21 September 2017 19:00, 11th floor of NYU's Ambulatory Car...
Vitiligo Advocacy Day at the US Capitol
Save-the-Date for the much anticipated Vitiligo Advocacy Day at the United States Capitol this fall. As many of you know, the Advocacy Committee of the Global Vitilig...04 October 2017 10:00, Washington, DC
Is there a traditional medicine to treat vitiligo?
During the last decades, new methods of therapeutic research, ethno-botany and ethno-pharmacology and even archeo-pharmacology (PubMed), have been used extensively to ...
What causes vitiligo?
The precise cause of vitiligo is not well understood. The white areas appear due to loss of the pigment (melanin) that gives skin its color and protects it from the su...
Can Ginkgo Biloba help with vitiligo?
Ginkgo Biloba extract seems to be a simple, safe and fairly effective therapy for arresting the progression of the vitiligo. Ginkgo Biloba is known to have anti-inflam...
Is vitiligo contagious?
Vitiligo is NOT contagious. It cannot be passed on or caught from touching someone with vitiligo, shaking hands, swimming in the same pool, sharing towels, sitting nex...