Top Events From 2015
Beginning of the year is always a great time to reflect on the past year. We want to take this opportunity to share our 2015 highlights from Vitiligo Land, so without further ado, here they are:
- We collected 500,000 signatures to support the World Vitiligo Day petition and awaiting for the official registration with the UN / ECOSOC to begin the dialogue.
- 7 Master Classes on Vitiligo and Pigmentary Disorders were held for well over 1,100 participants, to share best practices in vitiligo management and connect with community.
- Over 150,000 people from nearly every country of the world visited our website to learn about vitiligo or find specialists in their neighborhood.
- Community Pulse widget on our home page and Quick Polls provide an instantaneous reading of the current state of Vitiligo Land.
- Mainstream media is going now after vitiligo celebrities, from Cosmopolitan to CNN to Huffington Post to Popsugar ( video) to many other videos, to help people understand what it takes to live with vitiligo and raise awareness.
- New products indicate increased and much anticipated activity in Vitiligo Land. We've seen launch of the new camouflage, cosmeceutical, supplement products last year and anticipate more to come in 2016, - enough for us to begin a new section with product reviews.
- We added many new pins to the World Vitiligo Map, including World Vitiligo Alliance, support & research group in Cuba and even an online community.
- We embraced fully the Open Source Research concept and started sharing original data from Vitiligo CloudBank with vitiligo investigators, while collecting new data to enhance the understanding of the disease.
Yes we know, some of these events have nothing to do with us directly, but it is kinda cool that we helped launch several publications, products, campaigns, groups for the benefit of the global vitiligo community.
What a year! We hope to see you at one of 10 international events we planned this year and wish you in person a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year 2016.
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
VITFriends Fundraising and Awareness Concert in Boston
Featuring: M.C. - Mary-dith Tuitt Jazz vocalist - Katani Summer Steel drum instrumentalist - Justin Petty Vocalist - Emily Orji and Dr. Victor Huan...30 April 2017 14:30, Salvation Army Kroc Center, 650 Du...
Vitiligo Walk-A-Thon in Fort Dallas
The annual Vitiligo Walkathon is organized by Dallas Fort Worth Vitiligo Support Group on May 20, 2017. This is an event held to raise awareness about vitiligo in the...20 May 2017 09:00, Dallas, Texas
Are there any famous people with vitiligo?
Many celebrities have dealt with vitiligo while remaining in the public eye, maintaining a positive outlook, and having a successful career. Here are a few courageous ...
How can I cure vitiligo?
There is no cure for vitiligo, but there are a number of effective treatment options that can be discussed with your GP or dermatologist. The aim of treatment is to st...
Is there a special diet for vitiligo?
We have specifically looked into claims that some food supplements or special diet may ease symptoms of vitiligo, or completely reverse it, and found no firm scientifi...
What is vitiligo?
Vitiligo (pronounced vit-ill-EYE-go) is a relatively common skin disease characterized by smooth, white, painless spots or patches on various parts of the body. It doe...