Public Advisory Board
The Board advises the Foundation on what it is like to live with vitiligo and how best to support those affected by the condition. Its members include:
- Don Alder, virtuoso guitar player and is a former winner of the global Guitar Idol contest.
- Lee Thomas, Emmy-winning reporter for Fox 2 News in Detroit.
- Ogo Maduewesi, award-winning social entrepreneur and Founder/President of the Vitiligo Support and Awareness Foundation in Nigeria.
- Stephanie Corne, a NY-based artist who worked with the late Michael Jackson on his album cover and recently created a stunning set of portraits of people with vitiligo and other skin disease, called ‘Facemotions’.
- Valarie Molyneaux, Founder/President of the VITFriends – Vitiligo Friends - in Boston, a support group for vitiligo sufferers that’s also dedicated to raising awareness of the condition.
This page is under re-construction now.
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
11th session of the Conference of States Parties to the CRPD
The 11th session Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) will take place at the United Nations Headquarters, New York, from 12 to 14 June 2018. Mo...12 June 2018 09:00, UN Plaza, New York
Master Class On Vitiligo In Pediatric Age
will be held alongside “International Forum on Paediatric Dermatology”, which will take place in Rome (Italy), on October 5-7, 2017. This is an exciting opportunity...06 October 2018 09:00, P.zza Giovanni Randaccio, 1 - Rome...
Will it spread?
The condition varies from person to person. Some people only get a few small, white patches that progress no further. Other people get bigger white patches that join u...
Why there is no drug for vitiligo yet?
Despite the dearth of medications available to treat psoriasis - a disease with similar prevalence numbers and impact on quality of life - vitiligo has no known cure o...
Pyrostegia venusta as a folk medicine for vitiligo?
Pyrostegia venusta is a neotropical evergreen vine widely spread in Brazil throughout fields, at the coast, edge of the woods and along roadsides (see photo below). Po...