Public Advisory Board
The Board advises the Foundation on what it is like to live with vitiligo and how best to support those affected by the condition. Its members include:
- Don Alder, virtuoso guitar player and is a former winner of the global Guitar Idol contest.
- Lee Thomas, Emmy-winning reporter for Fox 2 News in Detroit.
- Ogo Maduewesi, award-winning social entrepreneur and Founder/President of the Vitiligo Support and Awareness Foundation in Nigeria.
- Stephanie Corne, a NY-based artist who worked with the late Michael Jackson on his album cover and recently created a stunning set of portraits of people with vitiligo and other skin disease, called ‘Facemotions’.
- Valarie Molyneaux, Founder/President of the VITFriends – Vitiligo Friends - in Boston, a support group for vitiligo sufferers that’s also dedicated to raising awareness of the condition.
This page is under re-construction now.
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
XXIII Master Class in Cuba
will be held as a part of INDERCOS Winter Meeting, in collaboration with Cuban Vitiligo Support and Research Group. International and national expert speakers will di...16 November 2017 09:00, Hotel Nacional de Cuba, Habana, Cuba
High-level Meeting on the Asian and Pacific Decade of People With Disabilities
The UN's Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), in cooperation with the China Disabled Persons’ Federation (CDPF), is organizing the High-lev...27 November 2017 09:00, Beijing, China
Why there is no drug for vitiligo yet?
Despite the dearth of medications available to treat psoriasis - a disease with similar prevalence numbers and impact on quality of life - vitiligo has no known cure o...
How long does it take to treat vitiligo?
Treatment results will vary by person and type of vitiligo. The rule of thumb is that you will need to allow at least 3 to 6 months before you begin to see results fro...
Polypodium leucotomos as an adjunct treatment for vitiligo?
Extracts of the tropical fern Polypodium leucotomos appear to possess beneficial properties for the vitiligious skin. Polypodium leucotomos (also classified as Polypo...
Can Scenesse be used for vitiligo treatment?
The drug Scenesse from Clinuvel has been tested in clinical trials in relation vitiligo. Profs. Henry Lim, Mark Lebwohl and coauthors reported (PubMed) results of mult...