Public Advisory Board
The Board advises the Foundation on what it is like to live with vitiligo and how best to support those affected by the condition. Its members include:
- Don Alder, virtuoso guitar player and is a former winner of the global Guitar Idol contest.
- Lee Thomas, Emmy-winning reporter for Fox 2 News in Detroit.
- Ogo Maduewesi, award-winning social entrepreneur and Founder/President of the Vitiligo Support and Awareness Foundation in Nigeria.
- Stephanie Corne, a NY-based artist who worked with the late Michael Jackson on his album cover and recently created a stunning set of portraits of people with vitiligo and other skin disease, called ‘Facemotions’.
- Valarie Molyneaux, Founder/President of the VITFriends – Vitiligo Friends - in Boston, a support group for vitiligo sufferers that’s also dedicated to raising awareness of the condition.
This page is under re-construction now.
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
Master Class On Vitiligo In Pediatric Age
will be held alongside “International Forum on Paediatric Dermatology”, which will take place in Rome (Italy), on October 5-7, 2017. This is an exciting opportunity t...06 October 2017 09:00, P.zza Giovanni Randaccio, 1 - Rome...
Master Class On Vitiligo alongside the World Congress Of Dermatology
The Italian Society of Dermatology will host the 24th World Congress of Dermatology in Milan, Italy, under the auspices of the International League of Dermatological ...10 June 2019 09:00, Milan, Italy
Will it spread?
The condition varies from person to person. Some people only get a few small, white patches that progress no further. Other people get bigger white patches that join u...
Isn't it just a cosmetic disorder?
Like it or not, we live in a society where appearance matters. It should come as no surprise that vitiligo impacts on the psychological well-being and quality of life ...
Can a gluten-free diet help with vitiligo?
Gluten is the spongy complex of proteins found in wheat, rye and barley, which puffs up when baked with yeast. It is important to realize there are three different...
Is there a traditional medicine to treat vitiligo?
During the last decades, new methods of therapeutic research, ethno-botany and ethno-pharmacology and even archeo-pharmacology (PubMed), have been used extensively to ...