Public Advisory Board
The Board advises the Foundation on what it is like to live with vitiligo and how best to support those affected by the condition. Its members include:
- Don Alder, virtuoso guitar player and is a former winner of the global Guitar Idol contest.
- Lee Thomas, Emmy-winning reporter for Fox 2 News in Detroit.
- Ogo Maduewesi, award-winning social entrepreneur and Founder/President of the Vitiligo Support and Awareness Foundation in Nigeria.
- Stephanie Corne, a NY-based artist who worked with the late Michael Jackson on his album cover and recently created a stunning set of portraits of people with vitiligo and other skin disease, called ‘Facemotions’.
- Valarie Molyneaux, Founder/President of the VITFriends – Vitiligo Friends - in Boston, a support group for vitiligo sufferers that’s also dedicated to raising awareness of the condition.
This page is under re-construction now.
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
NY Vitiligo Community Meeting in September
Our next meeting will be on Thursday, September 21st, at 7PM - 8:30PM on the 11th floor of NYU's Ambulatory Care Center at 240 East 38th Street, between 2nd and 3rd Av...21 September 2017 19:00, 11th floor of NYU's Ambulatory Car...
Vitiligo Advocacy Day at the US Capitol
Save-the-Date for the much anticipated Vitiligo Advocacy Day at the United States Capitol this fall. As many of you know, the Advocacy Committee of the Global Vitilig...04 October 2017 10:00, Washington, DC
Polypodium leucotomos as an adjunct treatment for vitiligo?
Extracts of the tropical fern Polypodium leucotomos appear to possess beneficial properties for the vitiligious skin. Polypodium leucotomos (also classified as Polypo...
Is there a special diet for vitiligo?
We have specifically looked into claims that some food supplements or special diet may ease symptoms of vitiligo, or completely reverse it, and found no firm scientifi...
Can Ginkgo Biloba help with vitiligo?
Ginkgo Biloba extract seems to be a simple, safe and fairly effective therapy for arresting the progression of the vitiligo. Ginkgo Biloba is known to have anti-inflam...
I have vitiligo: will my children have vitiligo, too?
In some cases vitiligo seems to be inherited and run in families, with children whose parents have vitiligo being at increased risk of developing the condition themsel...