Public Advisory Board
The Board advises the Foundation on what it is like to live with vitiligo and how best to support those affected by the condition. Its members include:
- Don Alder, virtuoso guitar player and is a former winner of the global Guitar Idol contest.
- Lee Thomas, Emmy-winning reporter for Fox 2 News in Detroit.
- Ogo Maduewesi, award-winning social entrepreneur and Founder/President of the Vitiligo Support and Awareness Foundation in Nigeria.
- Stephanie Corne, a NY-based artist who worked with the late Michael Jackson on his album cover and recently created a stunning set of portraits of people with vitiligo and other skin disease, called ‘Facemotions’.
- Valarie Molyneaux, Founder/President of the VITFriends – Vitiligo Friends - in Boston, a support group for vitiligo sufferers that’s also dedicated to raising awareness of the condition.
This page is under re-construction now.
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
New York Vitiligo Community Meeting
Our next meeting will be after the World Vitiligo Day conference in Detroit on Thursday, July 20th, 2017, at 7PM - 8:30PM on the 11th floor of NYU's Ambulatory Care Ce...20 July 2017 19:00, 240 East 38th Street, New York, NY
Master Class On Vitiligo In Pediatric Age
will be held alongside “International Forum on Paediatric Dermatology”, which will take place in Rome (Italy), on October 5-7, 2017. This is an exciting opportunity t...06 October 2017 09:00, P.zza Giovanni Randaccio, 1 - Rome...
Can chemicals cause vitiligo?
Yes, certain chemicals can, indeed, induce or worsen vitiligo. Most commonly they include phenols, such as 4-tertiary-butyl phenol (4-TBP, found in adhesives) or 4-ter...
Who is prone to vitiligo?
Vitiligo affects 0.5-2% of the population, and occurs in all races and all social levels. Vitiligo can affect people of all ages, but often starts between the ages of ...
How long does it take to treat vitiligo?
Treatment results will vary by person and type of vitiligo. The rule of thumb is that you will need to allow at least 3 to 6 months before you begin to see results fro...
Is it possible to stop the progression of vitiligo?
It is true that vitiligo progression could be stopped in 4 out of 5 cases by the use of potent systemic corticosteroids. However, systemic corticosteroids might ha...