- E-book: "Vitiligo Treatment Protocols For Practitioners" (2017). In print. R.Wittal, A.Stanimirovic, R.Aburri, L.Thurkal, R.S.Gokhale, B.J.Shah, D.R.Karia, S.Trebwal, M.Divedi, N.C.Laddha, R.Begum, P.Kumar, R.Krishnamurthy, M.Kovacevic, M. Harari, T.Lotti, A.Kassumkhanova, A.VanStockum.
- E-book: "A No-Nonsense Guide To Vitiligo". Yan Valle. In Progress. Preview
- E-book "Vitiligo: What's True, What's Not" (2013) T. Lotti, J. Hercogova, R.A. Schwartz, A.M. D'Erme, I. Korobko, Y. Valle
- Vitiligo is still a stigmatizing and enigmatic spectrum of disorders in which too much contradictory data and too many hypotheses are still confusing the scientific community and the patients who are seeking for the cure or at least for a satisfactory treatment.In this e-book the Editors try with the help of the most prestigious experts in the world to answer the available truth on three main questions: Vitiligo, what are you ? How do we treat vitiligo? Quo Vadis, vitiligo? 528 pages. Buy on Amazon
- Valle Y. Vitiligo: Challenges and Opportunities for Social Entrepreneurs and Communities. Pigmentary Disorders 2014, 1:5 (download, pdf)
- Valle Y. World Vitiligo Day Campaign. Letter to Editor. Journal Of Pigmentary Disorders. Pigmentary Disorders 2014, 1:1 (download, pdf)
- Vitiligo Q&A is available now in Chinese, Croatian, English, German, Italian, Macedonian and Russian.
The following 38 works and publications have been supported with grants from the VR Foundation:
- Stefan G. Vanderweil, Shinya Amano, Wei-Che Ko, Jillian M. Richmond, Michelle Kelley, Maryanne Makredes Senna, Andrea Pearson, Sandhya Chowdary, Celia Hartigan, Bruce Barton, John E. Harris, "A double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase-II clinical trial to evaluate oral simvastatin as a treatment for vitiligo." J AM ACAD DERMATOL January 2017
- R. Spritz et all “Enhanced genome-wide association studies of autoimmune vitiligo identify 23 novel loci and highlight key pathobiological pathways and causal regulatory variation”. Nature Genetics. October 10, 2016. doi:10.1038/ng.3680 (abstract)
- Zhang Y, Cai Y, Shi M, Jiang S, Cui S, Wu Y, et al. (2016) The Prevalence of Vitiligo: A Meta- Analysis. PLoS ONE 11(9): e0163806. doi:10.1371/ journal.pone.0163806 (full text)
- A.A. Kassymkhanova, G.K. Askarova, Y.Valle, I.V. Korobko, K.M. Lomonosov, G.B. Nurmagabetova, A.Stanimirovic. Methods Of Vitiligo Treatment. ISBN 978-601-80599-3-3. 352 pages. September 2016.
- R. Kumar, D. Parsad, S. Rani, S. Bhardwaj, N. Srivastav. Glabrous lesional stem cells differentiated into functional melanocytes: new hope for regimentation. JEADV, DOI: 10.1111/jdv.13686. March 2016
- Harris JE. Cellular stress and innate inflammation in organ-specific autoimmunity: lessons learned from vitiligo. Immunol Rev. 2016 Jan; 269 (1):11-25.
- Agarwal P, Rashighi M, Essien KI, Richmond JM, Randall L, Pazoki-Toroudi H, Hunter CA, Harris JE. Simvastatin prevents and reverses depigmentation in a mouse model of vitiligo. J Invest Dermatol. 2015 Apr;135(4):1080-8.
- Li Zhou, Yu-Ling Shi, Kai Li, Iltefat Hamzavi, Tian-Wen Gao, Richard H. Huggins, Henry W. Lim and Qing-Sheng Mi. Increased circulating Th17 cells and elevated serum levels of TGF-beta and IL-21 are correlated with human non-segmental vitiligo development. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2015 May;28(3):324-9. doi: 10.1111/pcmr.12355. Epub 2015 Feb 13. PMID: 25604047 (PubMed)
- Korobko IV, Lomonosov KM. Application of peptidoglycan with immunomodulating activity in vitiligo therapy. Russian Journal of Skin and Venerial Diseases. 2015, 18(4): 44-46.
- Tsiskarishvili NV, Katsitadze A, Tsiskarishvili NI, Chitanava L. Peculiarities of cytokine status in patients with vitiligo and stress in anamnesis. Georgian Med News. 2014 Oct;(235): 45-8.
- Mirna Situm, Andrija Stanimirovich. VITILIGO. Perspektive i smjernice. ISBN 978-953-7959-26-5 HDVD HLZ-a
- Sun Y, Wu Y, Xiao B, Li L, Li L, Chen HD, Gao XH. Treatment of 308nm Excimer Laser on Vitiligo: a Systemic Review of Randomized Controlled Trials. J Dermatolog Treat. 2014 Nov 27:1-21 (PubMed)
- Korobko IV, Lomonosov KM. Vitamin E in vitiligo: towards solving the mystery. Pigmentary Disorders 1:133. doi: 10.4172/jpd.1000133 (JPD)
- Xiao BH, Wu Y, Sun Y, Chen HD, Gao XH. Treatment of vitiligo with NB-UVB: A systematic review. J Dermatolog Treat. 2014 Aug 26:1-7. PMID: 25102894 (PubMed)
- Korobko IV, Lomonosov KM.Acridone acetic acid, sodium salt, as an agent to stop vitiligo progression: a pilot study. Dermatol Ther. 2014 Feb 18. doi: 10.1111/dth.12121. PMID: 24548590 (PubMed)
- Rashighi M, Agarwal P, Richmond JM, Harris TH, Dresser K, Su MW, Zhou Y, Deng A, Hunter CA, Luster AD, Harris JE. CXCL10 Is Critical for the Progression and Maintenance of Depigmentation in a Mouse Model of Vitiligo. Sci Transl Med. 2014 Feb 12;6(223):223ra23. [PMID: 24523323] (PubMed)
- Shi YL, Weiland M, Lim HW, Mi QS, Zhou L. Serum miRNA expression profiles change in autoimmune vitiligo in mice. Exp Dermatol. 2014 Feb;23(2):140-2 [PMID: 24401108] (PubMed)
- Shi YL, Li K, Hamzavi I, Lim HW, Zhou L, Mi QS. Elevated circulating soluble interleukin-2 receptor in patients with non-segmental vitiligo in North American. J Dermatol Sci. 2013 Sep; 71(3):212-4 (PubMed)
- Shi YL, Weiland M, Li J, Hamzavi I, Henderson M, Huggins RH, Mahmoud BH, Agbai O, Mi X, Dong Z, Lim HW, Mi QS, Zhou L. MicroRNA expression profiling identifies potential serum biomarkers for non-segmental vitiligo. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2013 May; 26(3):418-21 (PubMed)
- Lomonosov K.M., Simonova N.I., Lomonosov M.K. Comparative analysis of serum autoantibodies in vitiligo patients. Russ J Skin Sex Transm Dis. 2013; (2): 35-39.
- Dermatologic Therapy Journal
- Multidisciplinary approach to R&D in vitiligo, a neglected skin disease Valle, Y., Lotti, T. M., Hercogova, J., Schwartz, R. A. and Korobko, I. V. (2012) Dermatologic Therapy, 25: S1–S9
- Classification of vitiligo: a challenging endeavor. Hercogová, J., Schwartz, R. A. and Lotti, T. M. (2012) Dermatologic Therapy, 25: S10–S16
- Review of current clinical studies of vitiligo treatments. Korobko, I. V. (2012) Dermatologic Therapy, 25: S17–S27
- Quality of life in vitiligo patients. Teovska Mitrevska, N., Eleftheriadou, V. and Guarneri, F. (2012) Dermatologic Therapy, 25: S28–S31
- Treatments of vitiligo: what's new at the horizon. Lotti, T. M., Hercogová, J., Schwartz, R. A., Tsampau, D., Korobko, I., Pietrzak, A., Mitrevska, N. T., Valle, Y. and Buggiani, G. (2012) Dermatologic Therapy, 25: S32–S40
- Metabolic syndrome in vitiligo. Pietrzak, A., Bartosińska, J., Hercogová, J., Lotti, T. M. and Chodorowska, G. (2012) Dermatologic Therapy, 25: S41–S43
- Vitiligo road map. Lee, B. W., Schwartz, R. A., Hercogová, J., Valle, Y. and Lotti, T. M. (2012) Dermatologic Therapy, 25: S44–S56
- Minashkin MM, Salnikova LE, Lomonosov KM, Korobko IV, Tatarenko AO. Possible contribution of GSTP1 and other xenobiotic metabolizing genes to vitiligo susceptibility (Abstract)
- Zhou L., Li K., Shi Y.-L., Hamzavi I., Gao T.-W., Henderson M., Huggins R. H., Agbai O., Mahmoud B., Mi X., Lim H. W., Mi Q.-S. Systemic analyses of immunophenotypes of peripheral T cells in non-segmental vitiligo: implication of defective natural killer T-cells. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2012; 25(5): 602-611 (Abstract)
- Babeshko O.A., Lomonosov K.M., Gilyadova N.I. Role of cytokines in vitiligo pathogenesis. Russ J Skin Sex Transm Dis. 2012, (3): 37-41.
- Lomonosov K.M., Mironov A.Yu., Kuznetsov O.V., Babeshko O.A. Virus participation in vitiligo pathogenesis. Russ J Skin Sex Transm Dis. 2012; (1): 40-42.
- Makhov G.I., Lomonosov K.M. Vitiligo: Current state (by the materials of XXII World Congress of Dermatology). Russ J Skin Sex Transm Dis. 2012; (1): 65.
- Simonova N.I., Lomonosov K.M., Babeshko O.A. Genetic aspects of vitiligo pathogenesis: a review of literature. Russ J Skin Sex Transm Dis. 2012; (5): 56-59.
"Vitiligo: State Of The Art" (December 7, 2012)
A global interest in therapies for neglected diseases is rising, but traditional biopharma research and development process is prohibitively expensive to justify cost of their development. Vitiligo is a multifactorial orphan disease that affects at minimum 35 million people worldwide, yet no therapeutic solutions exist. We describe a budget-minded pursuit of the new therapy development for vitiligo, which includes a multidiscipline collaboration and effective bridging between academic research, biobanking, and bioinformatics. We anticipate that the our “theoretically induced and empirically guided” discovery process will enable development of more leads, with a much greater probability of success and under tighter budgets compared with those of the biopharma company. Ultimately, the multidisciplinary approach described below facilitates the collaborative development of personalized treatments for different patient subpopulations in vitiligo and other neglected diseases.
- Valle Y., Couture P., Lotti T., Korobko I. Cloud Medical Research Management (MRM): a Bio-IT tool for correlative studies in dermatology. Treat Strategies (Dermatol). 2011; 1(1): 82-86. (link, or download pdf)
- Lotti T., Hercogova J., Turini D., Tognetti L., Barygina V., Valle Y. (Eds). Natural Antioxidants in General Medicine and in Dermatology. World Health Academy Publication House (Zurich, CH), 2011. (link)
- Lomonosov K.M., Esipov D.S., Babeshko O.A., Tatarenko A.O. Oxidative stress in pathogenesis of vitiligo. Russ J Skin Sex Transm Dis. 2011; (1): 68-70.
- Lomonosov K.M. Vitiligo immunopathogenesis and immunocorrector neovir in vitiligo treatment. Russ J Skin Sex Transm Dis. 2010; (2): 36-39.
- Lomonosov K.M. Oxidative stress and antioxidant therapy in skin diseases. Russ J Skin Sex Transm Dis. 2009; (2): 27-31.
Read our summary of the latest research in vitiligo published before 2016.
- October - December 2015: Download or read highlights
- July - September 2015: Download or read highlights
- April - June 2015: Download or read highlights
- January - March 2015: Download or read highlights
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
VITFriends Fundraising and Awareness Concert in Boston
Featuring: M.C. - Mary-dith Tuitt Jazz vocalist - Katani Summer Steel drum instrumentalist - Justin Petty Vocalist - Emily Orji and Dr. Victor Huan...30 April 2017 14:30, Salvation Army Kroc Center, 650 Du...
Vitiligo Walk-A-Thon in Fort Dallas
The annual Vitiligo Walkathon is organized by Dallas Fort Worth Vitiligo Support Group on May 20, 2017. This is an event held to raise awareness about vitiligo in the...20 May 2017 09:00, Dallas, Texas
Dermaroller® use for vitiligo therapy
A derma-roller is a medical device that looks like a cylindrical shaped drum studded with very fine needles and is produced under several different names. It is used i...
Can a gluten-free diet help with vitiligo?
Gluten is the spongy complex of proteins found in wheat, rye and barley, which puffs up when baked with yeast. It is important to realize there are three different...
Why there is no drug for vitiligo yet?
Despite the dearth of medications available to treat psoriasis - a disease with similar prevalence numbers and impact on quality of life - vitiligo has no known cure o...
I have a new job - should I tell colleagues about my vitiligo?
If you are starting a new job and you are concerned about stares and questions about your skin, try a proactive approach. When the time is right and you are feeling co...