Keep up to date with the Vitiligo Research Foundation by signing up for our free quarterly newsletter.
As a subscriber, you will receive in the newsletter:
- Highlights of the latest in vitiligo research and treatments.
- Announcements of upcoming vitiligo related events and programs.
- Breaking news, which we feel is of importance to those interested in vitiligo area.
- Inspiring stories from famous vitiligans, celebrities and people around the world.
- Information about new books, music, movies, which we feel would be of interest to subscribers.
If you already signed up but are not receiving the newsletter, please read our guide on how to Whitelist Communications With VRF , and send us an email so we can verify you are on the list of subscribers.
Organised chronologically the older newsletters have been saved into PDF format for ease of reading.
- September 2014
In this issue, we discuss:
- Results of the World Vitiligo Day - 2014 campaign
- Incredible role model for everyone who feel different
- New vitiligo support groups from Australia, Serbia and USA
- Story: the Most Amazing Teen of the Year
- Latest Research Quarterly Review
- Promising new treatment, in clinical trials now
- New books on vitiligo
- Guide: How To Whitelist Our Communication
- Upcoming Events in Amritsar, Chicago and Istanbul.
- March 2014
In this issue, we discuss:
- Why Chantelle Brown-Young is an inspiration for us all
- New book as a wonderful tool to help your kid cope with vitiligo
- New vitiligo support groups in Belleville, New York and Sydney
- World Vitiligo Day T-shirt design and campaign warm-up
- New hunt for vitiligo genes by Prof. Spritz from University of Colorado
- Featured researcher Dr. John Harris from University of Massachusetts
and your donations at work at VR Foundation.
We would love to hear from you! If you have a news item, story, photo or idea that you would like to contribute to the newsletter, or if you have questions, suggestions, or comments please send us email to: email@example.com
This page is still under construction until mid-September. We apologize for it's incomplete appearance.
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
High-level Meeting on the Asian and Pacific Decade of People With Disabilities
The UN's Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), in cooperation with the China Disabled Persons’ Federation (CDPF), is organizing the High-lev...27 November 2017 09:00, Beijing, China
XXIV Master Class in Ha Noi, Vietnam
will be held alongside 3rd Indo China Dermatology Conference and the Annual Scientific Meeting Of Dermatology and Venereology of the VSDV. Details01 December 2017 09:00, Melia Hotel, 44 Ly Thuong Kiet, Ha...
What is vitiligo?
Vitiligo (pronounced vit-ill-EYE-go) is a relatively common skin disease characterized by smooth, white, painless spots or patches on various parts of the body. It doe...
Is there a special diet for vitiligo?
We have specifically looked into claims that some food supplements or special diet may ease symptoms of vitiligo, or completely reverse it, and found no firm scientifi...
What tests should be done?
No tests are usually necessary to make the diagnosis. The white patches may be seen more easily under Wood's light examination.