Overview of vitiligo research October - December 2015
- Blocking JAK1/2 activity with ruxolitinib might be a strategy in vitiligo treatment but future studies are required to confirm efficiency and safety.
- Mechanisms underlying improved efficiency of NB-UVB phototherapy for vitiligo when combined with topical tacrolimus are described.
- Once-a-week treatment with targeted UVB seems to as efficient as conventionally accepted twice weekly schedule (in terms of administered UVB dosage and number of sessions) in inducing repigmentation of vitiligo lesions.
- Additional excimer laser phototherapy combined with NB-UVB for lesions with slow response or no further improvement with NB-UVB treatment might improve overall regimentation.
This is a review of research results in the vitiligo field which were indexed in the PubMed database (www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed) for the period from October 2015 till December 2015. Abstracts of papers were retrieved from the PubMed database using the search term “vitiligo” with a filter set up to retrieve records with creation date between October 01, 2015 and December 31, 2015. Retrieved records were manually checked for a relevance to and significance for the field of vitiligo research. Fifty nine records were found to be relevant and of interest, and were included in this quarterly overview.
- Reviews & Comments
- Disease Management And Clinical Features
- Quality of life (QoL)
- Vitiligo triggers
- Case reports
- Understanding mechanisms of vitiligo pathogenesis
- Genetic studies
- Candidate biomarkers
- Mechanisms of treatments
- Methodological advancements
- Novel treatment modalities
- Clinical studies and trials
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
XXIII Master Class in Cuba
will be held as a part of INDERCOS Winter Meeting, in collaboration with Cuban Vitiligo Support and Research Group. International and national expert speakers will di...16 November 2017 09:00, Hotel Nacional de Cuba, Habana, Cuba
High-level Meeting on the Asian and Pacific Decade of People With Disabilities
The UN's Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), in cooperation with the China Disabled Persons’ Federation (CDPF), is organizing the High-lev...27 November 2017 09:00, Beijing, China
Dermaroller® use for vitiligo therapy
A derma-roller is a medical device that looks like a cylindrical shaped drum studded with very fine needles and is produced under several different names. It is used i...
Is it possible to stop the progression of vitiligo?
It is true that vitiligo progression could be stopped in 4 out of 5 cases by the use of potent systemic corticosteroids. However, systemic corticosteroids might ha...
What causes vitiligo?
The precise cause of vitiligo is not well understood. The white areas appear due to loss of the pigment (melanin) that gives skin its color and protects it from the su...
Can Scenesse be used for vitiligo treatment?
The drug Scenesse from Clinuvel has been tested in clinical trials in relation vitiligo. Profs. Henry Lim, Mark Lebwohl and coauthors reported (PubMed) results of mult...