Results To Date
Your donation enables us to support vitiligo research and community projects across the world. This money has enabled us to do some amazing things, such as:
- Fund and help numerous vitiligo support groups and clinics in the Americas, Africa, Asia and Europe. These groups play a vital role in empowering and caring for people affected by the condition.
- Launch and fund the World Vitiligo Day, a global happening on June 25 each year that raises international awareness of vitiligo and fights prejudice and ignorance.
- Fund research that is striving to find a cure for vitiligo. We have provided numerous grants of up to $50,000 each to fund research projects in labs across the world.
- Create the Vitiligo CloudBank, the first electronic health record system for research into vitiligo.
- Create the first Vitiligo BioBank network in nine countries and collect much-needed biosamples for research.
- Write over 50 articles, ebook, reviews and other papers on vitiligo for many scientific journals.
- Host Master-Classes in eleven countries that brought together well over two thousand participants, including two Nobel Laureates.
- Create an open World Vitiligo Directory and Map to connect the global community of vitiligo researchers and patient support groups.
- Boost the quest for a cure by identifying potential biomarkers and druggable targets.
- Lastly, we enjoyed a successful year 2016 (and current 2017) with our favorite Top Events.
We are 100% funded by donations, so without your support we would simply cease to exist. To ensure we continue the fight against vitiligo, please donate today.
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
Expert Answers Most Frequently Asked Questions about Vitiligo
Join us for a Live Facebook event with Erika Page from Living Dappled. We'll bust common myths about vitiligo and answer your most frequently asked questions. Date: J...25 January 2018 12:00, Facebook Live
First NY Vitiligo Community Group meeting of 2018
will be on Thursday, February 8th, from 7PM - 8:30PM on the 11th floor of NYU's Ambulatory Care Center at 240 East 38th Street, between 2nd and 3rd Avenue Since this ...08 February 2018 07:00, NYU's Ambulatory Care Center at 24...
How to get insurance coverage for vitiligo treatments?
Most of health insurance companies will initially reject claims for vitiligo doctor visits or phototherapy treatments but with enough efforts you can have a substantia...
What tests should be done?
No tests are usually necessary to make the diagnosis. The white patches may be seen more easily under Wood's light examination.
How can I cure vitiligo?
There is no cure for vitiligo, but there are a number of effective treatment options that can be discussed with your GP or dermatologist. The aim of treatment is to st...