Results To Date
Your donation enables us to support vitiligo research and community projects across the world. This money has enabled us to do some amazing things, such as:
- Fund and help numerous vitiligo support groups and clinics in the Americas, Africa, Asia and Europe. These groups play a vital role in empowering and caring for people affected by the condition.
- Launch and fund the World Vitiligo Day, a global happening on June 25 each year that raises international awareness of vitiligo and fights prejudice and ignorance.
- Fund research that is striving to find a cure for vitiligo. We have provided numerous grants of up to $50,000 each to fund research projects in labs across the world.
- Create the Vitiligo CloudBank, the first electronic health record system for research into vitiligo.
- Create the first Vitiligo BioBank network in nine countries and collect much-needed biosamples for research.
- Write over 50 articles, ebook, reviews and other papers on vitiligo for many scientific journals.
- Host Master-Classes in eleven countries that brought together well over two thousand participants, including two Nobel Laureates.
- Create an open World Vitiligo Directory and Map to connect the global community of vitiligo researchers and patient support groups.
- Publish a comprehensive Vitiligo Q&A in seven languages.
- Boost the quest for a cure by identifying potential biomarkers and druggable targets.
- Lastly, we enjoyed a successful year 2016 with our favorite Top Events.
We are 100% funded by donations, so without your support we would simply cease to exist. To ensure we continue the fight against vitiligo, please donate today.
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
NY Vitiligo Community Meeting in September
Our next meeting will be on Thursday, September 21st, at 7PM - 8:30PM on the 11th floor of NYU's Ambulatory Care Center at 240 East 38th Street, between 2nd and 3rd Av...21 September 2017 19:00, 11th floor of NYU's Ambulatory Car...
Vitiligo Advocacy Day at the US Capitol
Save-the-Date for the much anticipated Vitiligo Advocacy Day at the United States Capitol this fall. As many of you know, the Advocacy Committee of the Global Vitilig...04 October 2017 10:00, Washington, DC
How to get insurance coverage for vitiligo treatments?
Most of health insurance companies will initially reject claims for vitiligo doctor visits or phototherapy treatments but with enough efforts you can have a substantia...
Is there a traditional medicine to treat vitiligo?
During the last decades, new methods of therapeutic research, ethno-botany and ethno-pharmacology and even archeo-pharmacology (PubMed), have been used extensively to ...
Pyrostegia venusta as a folk medicine for vitiligo?
Pyrostegia venusta is a neotropical evergreen vine widely spread in Brazil throughout fields, at the coast, edge of the woods and along roadsides (see photo below). Po...
What is vitiligo?
Vitiligo (pronounced vit-ill-EYE-go) is a relatively common skin disease characterized by smooth, white, painless spots or patches on various parts of the body. It doe...