Results To Date
Your donation enables us to support vitiligo research and community projects across the world. This money has enabled us to do some amazing things, such as:
- Fund and help numerous vitiligo support groups and clinics in the Americas, Africa, Asia and Europe. These groups play a vital role in empowering and caring for people affected by the condition.
- Launch and fund the World Vitiligo Day, a global happening on June 25 each year that raises international awareness of vitiligo and fights prejudice and ignorance.
- Fund research that is striving to find a cure for vitiligo. We have provided numerous grants of up to $50,000 each to fund research projects in labs across the world.
- Create the Vitiligo CloudBank, the first electronic health record system for research into vitiligo.
- Create the first Vitiligo BioBank network in nine countries and collect much-needed biosamples for research.
- Write over 50 articles, ebook, reviews and other papers on vitiligo for many scientific journals.
- Host Master-Classes in eleven countries that brought together well over two thousand participants, including two Nobel Laureates.
- Create an open World Vitiligo Directory and Map to connect the global community of vitiligo researchers and patient support groups.
- Publish a comprehensive Vitiligo Q&A in seven languages.
- Boost the quest for a cure by identifying potential biomarkers and druggable targets.
- Lastly, we enjoyed a successful year 2016 with our favorite Top Events.
We are 100% funded by donations, so without your support we would simply cease to exist. To ensure we continue the fight against vitiligo, please donate today.
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
New York Vitiligo Community Meeting
Our next meeting will be after the World Vitiligo Day conference in Detroit on Thursday, July 20th, 2017, at 7PM - 8:30PM on the 11th floor of NYU's Ambulatory Care Ce...20 July 2017 19:00, 240 East 38th Street, New York, NY
Master Class On Vitiligo In Pediatric Age
will be held alongside “International Forum on Paediatric Dermatology”, which will take place in Rome (Italy), on October 5-7, 2017. This is an exciting opportunity t...06 October 2017 09:00, P.zza Giovanni Randaccio, 1 - Rome...
Is there a traditional medicine to treat vitiligo?
During the last decades, new methods of therapeutic research, ethno-botany and ethno-pharmacology and even archeo-pharmacology (PubMed), have been used extensively to ...
Can chemicals cause vitiligo?
Yes, certain chemicals can, indeed, induce or worsen vitiligo. Most commonly they include phenols, such as 4-tertiary-butyl phenol (4-TBP, found in adhesives) or 4-ter...
Is it possible to stop the progression of vitiligo?
It is true that vitiligo progression could be stopped in 4 out of 5 cases by the use of potent systemic corticosteroids. However, systemic corticosteroids might ha...
Polypodium leucotomos as an adjunct treatment for vitiligo?
Extracts of the tropical fern Polypodium leucotomos appear to possess beneficial properties for the vitiligious skin. Polypodium leucotomos (also classified as Polypo...