- Consensus Framework for Ethical Collaboration between Patients’ Organisations, Healthcare Professionals and the Pharmaceutical Industry (2014)
- WMA Declaration of Helsinki - Ethical Principles for Medical Research Involving Human Subjects (2013)
- IAPO Healthcare Industry Partners Framework (2012)
- IFPMA Code of Practice (established in 1981; last revision 2012)
- ICN Code of Ethics for Nurses (2012)
- WMA Statement Concerning the Relationships b/w Physicians and Commercial Enterprises (2009)
- EFPIA Code Of Practice On Relationships between the Pharmaceutical Industry and Patient Organizations. Initially approved in 2007 and amended by decision of the General Assembly in June 2011
- ICN Position Statement: Informed Patients (2008)
- FIP/WHO Developing pharmacy practice – a focus on patient care (2006); Chapter II-3: Information management and the use of evidence.
- ICN Position Statement: Nurse Industry Relations (2006)
- IAPO Organizational Values (2005)
- FIP Statement on Professional Standards – Code of Ethics for Pharmacists (2004)
- WHO Ethical Criteria for Medicinal Drug Promotion (1985)
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
World Vitiligo Day celebration conference in Detroit, USA
U.S. World Vitiligo Day 2017 Theme: "Step Up for Vitiligo: A Call for Truth, Hope and Change!" Reflecting the mission of the “Step Up for Vitiligo” campaign that came...23 June 2017 18:00, Detroit, Michigan, USA
New York Vitiligo Community Meeting
Our next meeting will be after the World Vitiligo Day conference in Detroit on Thursday, July 20th, 2017, at 7PM - 8:30PM on the 11th floor of NYU's Ambulatory Care Ce...20 July 2017 19:00, 240 East 38th Street, New York, NY
Is there a special diet for vitiligo?
We have specifically looked into claims that some food supplements or special diet may ease symptoms of vitiligo, or completely reverse it, and found no firm scientifi...
What is vitiligo?
Vitiligo (pronounced vit-ill-EYE-go) is a relatively common skin disease characterized by smooth, white, painless spots or patches on various parts of the body. It doe...
What causes vitiligo?
The precise cause of vitiligo is not well understood. The white areas appear due to loss of the pigment (melanin) that gives skin its color and protects it from the su...
Can chemicals cause vitiligo?
Yes, certain chemicals can, indeed, induce or worsen vitiligo. Most commonly they include phenols, such as 4-tertiary-butyl phenol (4-TBP, found in adhesives) or 4-ter...