VR Foundation is currently developing a Corporate Membership Program which will support our education, outreach, and advocacy programs while providing companies with a range of benefits designed to help our partners meet their key business goals.
There is an important collaboration between patients, healthcare professionals, the pharmaceutical industry and non-profit organisations in providing best solutions to patients’ health needs. Each partner has a unique role and responsibility in ensuring that patients receive the most appropriate care.
As we work with different partners in the healthcare ecosystem on a variety of initiatives and activities, VR Foundation is committed to ensuring that our relationships with these groups remain thoughtful, ethical, and transparent. Mindful of established industry practices and guidelines, we have developed our own set of principles to guide our ongoing collaborations:
- Put patients first,
- Support ethical research and innovation,
- Ensure independence and ethical conduct, and
- Promote transparency and accountability.
We recognize that as a non-profit organization with global reach, we are subject to often differing laws, rules, and regulations in the many locations in which we carry out our activities. As such, we will always comply with local rules involving interactions between patient organizations and pharmaceutical industry, including:
- Consensus Framework for Ethical Collaboration between Patients’ Organisations, Healthcare Professionals and the Pharmaceutical Industry (2014)
- WMA Declaration of Helsinki - Ethical Principles for Medical Research Involving Human Subjects (2013)
- Healthcare Industry Partners Framework (2012)
- IFPMA Code of Practice (established in 1981; last revision 2012)
- Statement Concerning the Relationships b/w Physicians and Commercial Enterprises (2009)
- Code Of Practice On Relationships between the Pharmaceutical Industry and Patient Organizations (approved in 2007 and amended in June 2011.)
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
The Step Up for Vitiligo Gala
Dallas-Fort Worth Vitiligo Support Group is organizing  'The Step Up for Vitiligo Gala' which will take place on April 28th in Austin, Texas at UT-Austin.  ...28 April 2018 12:00, Austin, Texas at UT-Austin
11th session of the Conference of States Parties to the CRPD
The 11th session Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) will take place at the United Nations Headquarters, New York, from 12 to 14 June 2018. Mo...12 June 2018 09:00, UN Plaza, New York
Are there any famous people with vitiligo?
Many celebrities have dealt with vitiligo while remaining in the public eye, maintaining a positive outlook, and having a successful career. Here are a few courageous ...
Polypodium leucotomos as an adjunct treatment for vitiligo?
Extracts of the tropical fern Polypodium leucotomos appear to have beneficial properties for the vitiligious skin. Polypodium leucotomos (also classified as Polypodium...
Is vitiligo contagious?
Vitiligo is NOT contagious. It cannot be passed on or caught from touching someone with vitiligo, shaking hands, swimming in the same pool, sharing towels, sitting nex...