Vitiligo: Questions and Answers
- Table of Contents
- Front and Back covers
- Vitiligo Q&A in English, Chinese, Croatian, German, Italian, Macedonian, Russian
Patient Questionnaire (self-reported)
By taking a little time to fill in this questionnaire, you can help us find a cure for vitiligo. Your responses will be part of the clinical data we are gathering for future research projects.
Two steps are generally required in the application process. First, the applicant should submit a free-form, brief Letter of Inquiry. If invited to submit a formal proposal, the applicant should submit a full Application Form.
Vitiligo Biobank & Clinic
At the VR Foundation we have put forward a clear vision for the standardization of vitiligo medical records, clinical data points and biosample collection procedures.
- Patient Biobank Record
- Supplement to Patient Biobank Record (Transplantation Procedure)
- Supplement to Patient Biobank Record (Transplantation Results)
- Informed Consent Form for Bio-sample Collection
- Vitiligo Biobank Guidelines - Blood & Serum Collection
- Vitiligo Biobank Guidelines - Data Collection
World Vitiligo Day Toolkit
- Sample Media Release
- Petition leaflets and/or posters in English (leaflet, poster), Chinese (leaflet, poster), Czech (leaflet, poster), French (leaflet side1, leaflet side2), Italian (leaflet, poster), Macedonian (leaflet, poster), Portuguese (leaflet, poster), Russian (poster).
- Sample Invitation Email to Journalists
- Sample Invitation to the Press-Conference
- Graphics: World Vitiligo Day logo, T-shirts (sample photo, pdf or cdr)
- Vitiligo: Challenges and Opportunities for Social Entrepreneurs and Communities (2014)
- Letter To Editor on the World Vitiligo Day campaign (2014)
- Interview with VRF President Mr. Dmitry Aksenov (2013)
- VR Foundation logo
Older materials, lectures, poster presentations and videos are available for download via SlideShare.
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
Expert Answers Most Frequently Asked Questions about Vitiligo
Join us for a Live Facebook event with Erika Page from Living Dappled. We'll bust common myths about vitiligo and answer your most frequently asked questions. Date: J...25 January 2018 12:00, Facebook Live
First NY Vitiligo Community Group meeting of 2018
will be on Thursday, February 8th, from 7PM - 8:30PM on the 11th floor of NYU's Ambulatory Care Center at 240 East 38th Street, between 2nd and 3rd Avenue Since this ...08 February 2018 07:00, NYU's Ambulatory Care Center at 24...
Can a gluten-free diet help with vitiligo?
It's very unlikely. We have specifically looked into claims that gluten-free diet may ease symptoms of vitiligo, or completely reverse it, and found no firm scientific...
Will it spread?
Vitiligo activity may vary considerably from person to person. In a good number of patients the disease goes on for 3-4 years and then it settles down, with one or tw...
How long does it take to treat vitiligo?
Treatment results will vary by person and type of vitiligo. The rule of thumb is that you will need to allow at least 3 to 6 months before you begin to see results fro...