Vitiligo Working Group meeting in Orlando
VWG held a traditional annual meeting the day prior to the American Academy of Dermatology Conference in Orlando on March 2, 2017. We enjoyed the record breaking attendance by dermatologists, scientists, industry representatives and patient support groups today.
- Welcome, GVF Co-Chairs, Iltefat Hamzavi/Vicki Tiahrt
- Suction blistering of vitiligo lesional skin provides insight into disease pathogenesis as well as biomarkers of disease activity, John Harris
- A comparative study between transplantation of autologus non- cultured epidermal cell suspension vs transplantation of autologus non-cultued epidermal cell suspension and cultered dermal cells in combination - A novel method in stable vitiligo, Davinder Parsad
- VGICC Rome San Gallicano Institute workshop “Outcome measurement instruments”: preliminary results and roadmap, Alain Taieb
- Responsiveness of the Vitiligo Sxtent Score (VES) to vitiligo changes and the need for a VESplus to access repigmentation, Nanja van Geel
- Immunohistopathological characterization of confetti-like lesions in patients with vitiligo, Juana Irma Garza Chapa
- Twenty-year follow-up using a postal survey of childhood vitiligo treated with narrowband ultraviolet-B phototherapy, Marcel Bekkenk
- Large scale transcriptome sequencing reveal melanocytic and microenvironmental clues to vitiligo pathogenesis, Youwen Zhou
- CXCL9 levels in active vitiligo lesions decrease with treatment, Jorge Hinojosa
- Influence of race, ethnicity, acculturation, gender, and age of onset on quality of life in patients with vitiligo, Ella Koppelaar Miller
- Break / Poster Review
- Q & A / Committees / Outcomes Discussion Closing remarks, Pearl Grimes
The record-setting attendance
After lunch for members of support groups from Boston, Detroit and New York
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
High-level Meeting on the Asian and Pacific Decade of People With Disabilities
The UN's Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), in cooperation with the China Disabled Persons’ Federation (CDPF), is organizing the High-lev...27 November 2017 09:00, Beijing, China
XXIV Master Class in Ha Noi, Vietnam
will be held alongside 3rd Indo China Dermatology Conference and the Annual Scientific Meeting Of Dermatology and Venereology of the VSDV. Details01 December 2017 09:00, Melia Hotel, 44 Ly Thuong Kiet, Ha...
What tests should be done?
No tests are usually necessary to make the diagnosis. The white patches may be seen more easily under Wood's light examination.
Pyrostegia venusta as a folk medicine for vitiligo?
Pyrostegia venusta is a neotropical evergreen vine widely spread in Brazil throughout fields, at the coast, edge of the woods and along roadsides (see photo below). Po...
I have vitiligo: will my children have vitiligo, too?
In some cases vitiligo seems to be inherited and run in families, with children whose parents have vitiligo being at increased risk of developing the condition themsel...