Vitiligo Working Group meeting in Orlando
VWG held a traditional annual meeting the day prior to the American Academy of Dermatology Conference in Orlando on March 2, 2017. We enjoyed the record breaking attendance by dermatologists, scientists, industry representatives and patient support groups today.
- Welcome, GVF Co-Chairs, Iltefat Hamzavi/Vicki Tiahrt
- Suction blistering of vitiligo lesional skin provides insight into disease pathogenesis as well as biomarkers of disease activity, John Harris
- A comparative study between transplantation of autologus non- cultured epidermal cell suspension vs transplantation of autologus non-cultued epidermal cell suspension and cultered dermal cells in combination - A novel method in stable vitiligo, Davinder Parsad
- VGICC Rome San Gallicano Institute workshop “Outcome measurement instruments”: preliminary results and roadmap, Alain Taieb
- Responsiveness of the Vitiligo Sxtent Score (VES) to vitiligo changes and the need for a VESplus to access repigmentation, Nanja van Geel
- Immunohistopathological characterization of confetti-like lesions in patients with vitiligo, Juana Irma Garza Chapa
- Twenty-year follow-up using a postal survey of childhood vitiligo treated with narrowband ultraviolet-B phototherapy, Marcel Bekkenk
- Large scale transcriptome sequencing reveal melanocytic and microenvironmental clues to vitiligo pathogenesis, Youwen Zhou
- CXCL9 levels in active vitiligo lesions decrease with treatment, Jorge Hinojosa
- Influence of race, ethnicity, acculturation, gender, and age of onset on quality of life in patients with vitiligo, Ella Koppelaar Miller
- Break / Poster Review
- Q & A / Committees / Outcomes Discussion Closing remarks, Pearl Grimes
The record-setting attendance
After lunch for members of support groups from Boston, Detroit and New York
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
United Nations ECOSOC session
The tenth session of the Conference of States Parties to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) will take place from Tuesday 13 to Thursday ...13 June 2017 10:00, UN Plaza, New York
World Vitiligo Day celebration conference in Detroit, USA
U.S. World Vitiligo Day 2017 Theme: "Step Up for Vitiligo: A Call for Truth, Hope and Change!" Reflecting the mission of the “Step Up for Vitiligo” campaign that came...23 June 2017 18:00, Detroit, Michigan, USA
What is vitiligo?
Vitiligo (pronounced vit-ill-EYE-go) is a relatively common skin disease characterized by smooth, white, painless spots or patches on various parts of the body. It doe...
How to get insurance coverage for vitiligo treatments?
Most of health insurance companies will initially reject claims for vitiligo doctor visits or phototherapy treatments but with enough efforts you can have a substantia...
Is there a traditional medicine to treat vitiligo?
During the last decades, new methods of therapeutic research, ethno-botany and ethno-pharmacology and even archeo-pharmacology (PubMed), have been used extensively to ...
Pyrostegia venusta as a folk medicine for vitiligo?
Pyrostegia venusta is a neotropical evergreen vine widely spread in Brazil throughout fields, at the coast, edge of the woods and along roadsides (see photo below). Po...