Vitiligo Working Group meeting in Orlando
VWG held a traditional annual meeting the day prior to the American Academy of Dermatology Conference in Orlando on March 2, 2017. We enjoyed the record breaking attendance by dermatologists, scientists, industry representatives and patient support groups today.
- Welcome, GVF Co-Chairs, Iltefat Hamzavi/Vicki Tiahrt
- Suction blistering of vitiligo lesional skin provides insight into disease pathogenesis as well as biomarkers of disease activity, John Harris
- A comparative study between transplantation of autologus non- cultured epidermal cell suspension vs transplantation of autologus non-cultued epidermal cell suspension and cultered dermal cells in combination - A novel method in stable vitiligo, Davinder Parsad
- VGICC Rome San Gallicano Institute workshop “Outcome measurement instruments”: preliminary results and roadmap, Alain Taieb
- Responsiveness of the Vitiligo Sxtent Score (VES) to vitiligo changes and the need for a VESplus to access repigmentation, Nanja van Geel
- Immunohistopathological characterization of confetti-like lesions in patients with vitiligo, Juana Irma Garza Chapa
- Twenty-year follow-up using a postal survey of childhood vitiligo treated with narrowband ultraviolet-B phototherapy, Marcel Bekkenk
- Large scale transcriptome sequencing reveal melanocytic and microenvironmental clues to vitiligo pathogenesis, Youwen Zhou
- CXCL9 levels in active vitiligo lesions decrease with treatment, Jorge Hinojosa
- Influence of race, ethnicity, acculturation, gender, and age of onset on quality of life in patients with vitiligo, Ella Koppelaar Miller
- Break / Poster Review
- Q & A / Committees / Outcomes Discussion Closing remarks, Pearl Grimes
The record-setting attendance
After lunch for members of support groups from Boston, Detroit and New York
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
Vitiligo Advocacy Day at the US Capitol
Save-the-Date for the much anticipated Vitiligo Advocacy Day at the United States Capitol this fall. As many of you know, the Advocacy Committee of the Global Vitilig...04 October 2017 10:00, Washington, DC
Master Class On Vitiligo In Pediatric Age
will be held alongside “International Forum on Paediatric Dermatology”, which will take place in Rome (Italy), on October 5-7, 2017. This is an exciting opportunity t...06 October 2017 09:00, P.zza Giovanni Randaccio, 1 - Rome...
Polypodium leucotomos as an adjunct treatment for vitiligo?
Extracts of the tropical fern Polypodium leucotomos appear to possess beneficial properties for the vitiligious skin. Polypodium leucotomos (also classified as Polypo...
Will it spread?
The condition varies from person to person. Some people only get a few small, white patches that progress no further. Other people get bigger white patches that join u...
How long does it take to treat vitiligo?
Treatment results will vary by person and type of vitiligo. The rule of thumb is that you will need to allow at least 3 to 6 months before you begin to see results fro...
Can a gluten-free diet help with vitiligo?
Gluten is the spongy complex of proteins found in wheat, rye and barley, which puffs up when baked with yeast. It is important to realize there are three different...