Vitiligo Working Group meeting in Orlando
VWG held a traditional annual meeting the day prior to the American Academy of Dermatology Conference in Orlando on March 2, 2017. We enjoyed the record breaking attendance by dermatologists, scientists, industry representatives and patient support groups today.
- Welcome, GVF Co-Chairs, Iltefat Hamzavi/Vicki Tiahrt
- Suction blistering of vitiligo lesional skin provides insight into disease pathogenesis as well as biomarkers of disease activity, John Harris
- A comparative study between transplantation of autologus non- cultured epidermal cell suspension vs transplantation of autologus non-cultued epidermal cell suspension and cultered dermal cells in combination - A novel method in stable vitiligo, Davinder Parsad
- VGICC Rome San Gallicano Institute workshop “Outcome measurement instruments”: preliminary results and roadmap, Alain Taieb
- Responsiveness of the Vitiligo Sxtent Score (VES) to vitiligo changes and the need for a VESplus to access repigmentation, Nanja van Geel
- Immunohistopathological characterization of confetti-like lesions in patients with vitiligo, Juana Irma Garza Chapa
- Twenty-year follow-up using a postal survey of childhood vitiligo treated with narrowband ultraviolet-B phototherapy, Marcel Bekkenk
- Large scale transcriptome sequencing reveal melanocytic and microenvironmental clues to vitiligo pathogenesis, Youwen Zhou
- CXCL9 levels in active vitiligo lesions decrease with treatment, Jorge Hinojosa
- Influence of race, ethnicity, acculturation, gender, and age of onset on quality of life in patients with vitiligo, Ella Koppelaar Miller
- Break / Poster Review
- Q & A / Committees / Outcomes Discussion Closing remarks, Pearl Grimes
The record-setting attendance
After lunch for members of support groups from Boston, Detroit and New York
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
NY Vitiligo Community Meeting in September
Our next meeting will be on Thursday, September 21st, at 7PM - 8:30PM on the 11th floor of NYU's Ambulatory Care Center at 240 East 38th Street, between 2nd and 3rd Av...21 September 2017 19:00, 11th floor of NYU's Ambulatory Car...
Vitiligo Advocacy Day at the US Capitol
Save-the-Date for the much anticipated Vitiligo Advocacy Day at the United States Capitol this fall. As many of you know, the Advocacy Committee of the Global Vitilig...04 October 2017 10:00, Washington, DC
I have a new job - should I tell colleagues about my vitiligo?
If you are starting a new job and you are concerned about stares and questions about your skin, try a proactive approach. When the time is right and you are feeling co...
Can Ginkgo Biloba help with vitiligo?
Ginkgo Biloba extract seems to be a simple, safe and fairly effective therapy for arresting the progression of the vitiligo. Ginkgo Biloba is known to have anti-inflam...
Why there is no drug for vitiligo yet?
Despite the dearth of medications available to treat psoriasis - a disease with similar prevalence numbers and impact on quality of life - vitiligo has no known cure o...
How to get insurance coverage for vitiligo treatments?
Most of health insurance companies will initially reject claims for vitiligo doctor visits or phototherapy treatments but with enough efforts you can have a substantia...