Vitiligo Working Group meeting in Orlando
VWG held a traditional annual meeting the day prior to the American Academy of Dermatology Conference in Orlando on March 2, 2017. We enjoyed the record breaking attendance by dermatologists, scientists, industry representatives and patient support groups today.
- Welcome, GVF Co-Chairs, Iltefat Hamzavi/Vicki Tiahrt
- Suction blistering of vitiligo lesional skin provides insight into disease pathogenesis as well as biomarkers of disease activity, John Harris
- A comparative study between transplantation of autologus non- cultured epidermal cell suspension vs transplantation of autologus non-cultued epidermal cell suspension and cultered dermal cells in combination - A novel method in stable vitiligo, Davinder Parsad
- VGICC Rome San Gallicano Institute workshop “Outcome measurement instruments”: preliminary results and roadmap, Alain Taieb
- Responsiveness of the Vitiligo Sxtent Score (VES) to vitiligo changes and the need for a VESplus to access repigmentation, Nanja van Geel
- Immunohistopathological characterization of confetti-like lesions in patients with vitiligo, Juana Irma Garza Chapa
- Twenty-year follow-up using a postal survey of childhood vitiligo treated with narrowband ultraviolet-B phototherapy, Marcel Bekkenk
- Large scale transcriptome sequencing reveal melanocytic and microenvironmental clues to vitiligo pathogenesis, Youwen Zhou
- CXCL9 levels in active vitiligo lesions decrease with treatment, Jorge Hinojosa
- Influence of race, ethnicity, acculturation, gender, and age of onset on quality of life in patients with vitiligo, Ella Koppelaar Miller
- Break / Poster Review
- Q & A / Committees / Outcomes Discussion Closing remarks, Pearl Grimes
The record-setting attendance
After lunch for members of support groups from Boston, Detroit and New York
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
World Vitiligo Day celebration conference in Detroit, USA
U.S. World Vitiligo Day 2017 Theme: "Step Up for Vitiligo: A Call for Truth, Hope and Change!" Reflecting the mission of the “Step Up for Vitiligo” campaign that came...23 June 2017 18:00, Detroit, Michigan, USA
New York Vitiligo Community Meeting
Our next meeting will be after the World Vitiligo Day conference in Detroit on Thursday, July 20th, 2017, at 7PM - 8:30PM on the 11th floor of NYU's Ambulatory Care Ce...20 July 2017 19:00, 240 East 38th Street, New York, NY
How can I cure vitiligo?
There is no cure for vitiligo, but there are a number of effective treatment options that can be discussed with your GP or dermatologist. The aim of treatment is to st...
What causes vitiligo?
The precise cause of vitiligo is not well understood. The white areas appear due to loss of the pigment (melanin) that gives skin its color and protects it from the su...
I have vitiligo: will my children have vitiligo, too?
In some cases vitiligo seems to be inherited and run in families, with children whose parents have vitiligo being at increased risk of developing the condition themsel...
Can Ginkgo Biloba help with vitiligo?
Ginkgo Biloba extract seems to be a simple, safe and fairly effective therapy for arresting the progression of the vitiligo. Ginkgo Biloba is known to have anti-inflam...