Our monthly Quick Poll questions focus on important topic for vitiligo research and therapy development. The results from each poll will be available with the launch of subsequent poll and can be viewed at any time on this page.
- January 2017: "Home Treatments For Vitiligo" In progress.
- December: "Which format of educational program on vitiligo by VR Foundation would you prefer?" Results
- January: "Which of the following phototherapy options with 75% chance of regimentation would you prefer?" Results
- December: "In what format would you like to receive your periodic news on vitiligo in 2016?" Results
- November: "What is the approximate cost of your vitiligo treatment and/or camouflage to date?" Results
- October: "Which factors contributed to your vitiligo onset?" Results
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
NY Vitiligo Community Meeting in September
Our next meeting will be on Thursday, September 21st, at 7PM - 8:30PM on the 11th floor of NYU's Ambulatory Care Center at 240 East 38th Street, between 2nd and 3rd Av...21 September 2017 19:00, 11th floor of NYU's Ambulatory Car...
Vitiligo Advocacy Day at the US Capitol
Save-the-Date for the much anticipated Vitiligo Advocacy Day at the United States Capitol this fall. As many of you know, the Advocacy Committee of the Global Vitilig...04 October 2017 10:00, Washington, DC
Can chemicals cause vitiligo?
Yes, certain chemicals can, indeed, induce or worsen vitiligo. Most commonly they include phenols, such as 4-tertiary-butyl phenol (4-TBP, found in adhesives) or 4-ter...
Can a gluten-free diet help with vitiligo?
Gluten is the spongy complex of proteins found in wheat, rye and barley, which puffs up when baked with yeast. It is important to realize there are three different...
Is there a traditional medicine to treat vitiligo?
During the last decades, new methods of therapeutic research, ethno-botany and ethno-pharmacology and even archeo-pharmacology (PubMed), have been used extensively to ...
What's better: laser or phototherapy?
In a recent controlled study researchers assessed effect and safety of different laser and phototherapy treatments, such as excimer laser/light, narrowband UVB, UVA an...