World Vitiligo Day in India 2015
Vitiligo Mission: An Appeal from IADVL
We all know the significance of Vitiligo in our society - Omar Khayyam's statement that "Black dot on white skin is a blessing, but a white dot on black skin is a curse" still holds good. The patients undergo untold misery, face continuous social stigma and suffer cosmetically, psychologically and socially.
While as dermatologists we do our best through councelling, medical and surgical management, the patients need support at a larger level in order to improve their quality of life. It is for this purpose our association organizes Vitiligo Day every year. This year is of special significance - we are organizing it on 25th June to coincide with World Vitiligo Day. This year it is also special because we have planned a series of activities for "Vitiligo Mission".
These activities include:
1. A central webinar on Vitiligo
2. Meeting different officials at Ministry of Health to impress upon them the need for giving status to Vitiligo under non-communicable diseases
3. Patient education through posters and brochures to be distributed to all clinics
4. Distribution of documentary on vitiligo to be delivered to all clinics.
This letter is to request you for your participation in these activities - either group activities organized at your state/city level or at your clinic/hospital level. We request all state/city branches and all members to participate through any of the below activities:
1. Displaying the posters
2. Educating patients through handouts
3. Displaying the Vitiligo documentary/street play
4. Offering discounted services to patients (this is entirely voluntary)
5. Camps, street walks, cycle rallies, candle light vigil
6. Press conferences, press releases
7. Any other program that you rnay like to plan.
It is through persistent efforts that we will be able to make a dent in the wall of stigma of Vitiligo. We in IADVL have always been alive to our social responsibilities and have always done our service to the community. We urge you to join hands in this effort and help us win the war against Vitiligo by bringing colour to their skin, a smile to their lips and joy to their lives.
IADVL - Committed to the community; responsive and responsible
With best wishes:
- Dr. Venkataram Mysore, Hon. President
- Dr. Rashmi Sarkar, Hon. Gen. Secretary
- Dr. Deepak Parikh, Imm. Past President
- Dr. Devesh Mishra, President Elect
- Dr. Somesh Gupta, Treasurer
- Dr. Raghunath Reddy and Dr. Rajesh Buddadev, Vice Presidents
- Dr. Manish Gautham and Dr. Rohit Batra, Joint Secretary
- Dr. Davinder Parsad, Chairman Vitiligo Mission
- Dr. Umashankar N, Convener Vitiligo Mission
World Vitiligo Day ProgramWelcome to the Program: Dr. Rashmi Sarkar (Hon. Secretary, IADVL) 2.30-2.35 PMIntroduction - Vitiligo Mission: Dr. Mysore Ventakaram (President, IADVL) 2.35-2.45 PM
1. Medical Management Of Vitiligo: 2.45 - 3.15 pm
- Vitiligo Pathogenesis: Dissecting functional networks. Dr. Vivek T. Natarajan
- Epidemiology and classification of Vitiligo. Dr. Binod Khaitan
- Vitiligo: Research and Treatment - New Horizon. Dr. Davinder Parsad
2. Surgical Management of Vitiligo: 3.40 - 3.55 pm
An update. Dr. Somesh Gupta.
Panel Discussion: 3.55 - 4.15 pm
3. Psychological and Social stigma: 04.15 - 04.35 pm
- Changing social Paradigm About Vitiligo. Dr. Maya Tulpule
- United For Vitiligo: Science and Society Interphase. Dr. Lipi Thurkal
Panel Discussion: 04.35 - 04.55 pm.
Closing Note and Message for World Vitiligo Day. Dr. Davinder Parsad and Dr. Umashankar N.
Webinar on 'Holistic Management of Vitiligo', supported by Dr. Reddy's Laboratories:
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
New York Vitiligo Community Meeting
Our next meeting will be after the World Vitiligo Day conference in Detroit on Thursday, July 20th, 2017, at 7PM - 8:30PM on the 11th floor of NYU's Ambulatory Care Ce...20 July 2017 19:00, 240 East 38th Street, New York, NY
Master Class On Vitiligo In Pediatric Age
will be held alongside “International Forum on Paediatric Dermatology”, which will take place in Rome (Italy), on October 5-7, 2017. This is an exciting opportunity t...06 October 2017 09:00, P.zza Giovanni Randaccio, 1 - Rome...
Is it possible to stop the progression of vitiligo?
It is true that vitiligo progression could be stopped in 4 out of 5 cases by the use of potent systemic corticosteroids. However, systemic corticosteroids might ha...
Can chemicals cause vitiligo?
Yes, certain chemicals can, indeed, induce or worsen vitiligo. Most commonly they include phenols, such as 4-tertiary-butyl phenol (4-TBP, found in adhesives) or 4-ter...
I have vitiligo: will my children have vitiligo, too?
In some cases vitiligo seems to be inherited and run in families, with children whose parents have vitiligo being at increased risk of developing the condition themsel...
I have a new job - should I tell colleagues about my vitiligo?
If you are starting a new job and you are concerned about stares and questions about your skin, try a proactive approach. When the time is right and you are feeling co...