Vitiligo World Symposium
The Research Workshop in St.Petersburg was a first public appearance of the VR Foundation since formal inception. Level of support to the formerly unknown Foundation from top scientific minds and key media person was previously unthinkable and exceeds all expectations. General public attendance was 3x times than expected (almost 400 people vs. 150 people anticipated), twice the capacity of the conference room, and by far the biggest event during 4-day Congress.
Cutting edge scientific program was brilliantly presented by leading researchers, and was well received by the audience despite translation irregularities. The preceding Scientific Breakfast has laid down the roadmap for consensus on vitiligo research. Our booth was often overcrowded with practitioners hungry for information, education and immediate solutions. Dozens of practitioners and researchers from Russia / CIS inquired about participation in the Cloud MRM project. Some desperate vitiligo patients were forwarded to appropriate specialists. This level of international exposure is critically important for the Foundation, which aims to become an authoritative center on vitiligo research, to expedite research and to build bridges between isolated research groups and vitiligo patients.
The full program is provided here below. Videos are available on Vitinomics.net
Professor Lotti is being interviewed by the TV Channel RUSSIA
VRF's President Mr. Aksenov opens the Vitiligo World Symposium.
Prof. Jana Hercogova, Prof. Robert Schwartz, Dr. Antonio Salafia, Prof. Andreas Katsambas
CEO Cyscom Mr. Prem Couture presents Cloud MRM
CEO VRF Mr. Yan Valle. Closing Remarks.
Daily at the booth.
Our Support Team.
Thursday, July 7th, 2011
St. Petersburg, Russia
President: Prof. S.R. Mercuri
Chairs: Prof. T. Lotti (IT), Prof. K. Wolff (AU), Prof. A. Kubanov (RU)
1. Mr. Lee Thomas - 4x Emmy Award Winner (US): Patient´s point of view
2. Prof. Torello Lotti (IT): Physiology and patophysiology of melanocyte
3. Mr. Andy Goren – President, DermaGenoma (US): Genetic Dermatology: Scientific Discovery to Clinical Utility
4. Prof. Jacek Szepietowski (PO): Immunology of vitiligo
5. Prof. Konstantin Lomonosov (RU): Virus participation in vitiligo pathogenesis
6. Dr. Andrei Tatarenko (RU): Oxidative stress and review of biochemical findings in a group of Vitiligo patients
14:00-14:30 coffee break. Complimentary drinks and sandwiches at self-serve area.
President: Prof. S.R. Mercuri
Chairs: Prof. J. Hercogova (CZ), Dr. M. Tharp (US), Prof. R. Schwartz (US)
1. Prof. George Tiplica (RO): Clinical classification
2. Dr. Michael Tharp (US): Comorbidities
3. Prof. Karin Shallreuter (UK): From the bench to the bed side. Treatment of vitiligo with combined climatotherapy at the Dead Sea - 10 years experience
4. Prof. Robert Schwartz (US): Critical review on medical treatments
5. Prof. Andreas Katsambas (GR): Phototherapy
6. Mr. Prem Couture - CEO, Syscom (UK): The Cloud Medical Research and Management computer system
7. Prof. Jana Hercogova (CZ): Closing remarks
8. Mr. Yan Valle, Executive Director VRF (CA): VR Foundation grant awards
22.00-24.00 Sightseeing boat trip: Channels and White nights of St.Petersburg
July 6th - 9th, 2011
Daily at the booth:
- Cloud Medical Research and Management System: Presentation, Test and Pre-registration
- Book “Vitiligo” by Prof. J. Hercogova and Prof. T. Lotti, edition 2011: Presentation and pre-order
- Book “Turning White: A Memoir of Change” by Mr. Lee Thomas: Presentation
- VITINOMICS.NET: Creating Synergy For Expedited Research
Complimentary drinks at 4.30 pm
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
Master Class On Vitiligo In Pediatric Age
will be held alongside “International Forum on Paediatric Dermatology”, which will take place in Rome (Italy), on October 5-7, 2017. This is an exciting opportunity t...06 October 2017 09:00, P.zza Giovanni Randaccio, 1 - Rome...
Master Class On Vitiligo alongside the World Congress Of Dermatology
The Italian Society of Dermatology will host the 24th World Congress of Dermatology in Milan, Italy, under the auspices of the International League of Dermatological ...10 June 2019 09:00, Milan, Italy
I have vitiligo: will my children have vitiligo, too?
In some cases vitiligo seems to be inherited and run in families, with children whose parents have vitiligo being at increased risk of developing the condition themsel...
Can a gluten-free diet help with vitiligo?
Gluten is the spongy complex of proteins found in wheat, rye and barley, which puffs up when baked with yeast. It is important to realize there are three different...
What causes vitiligo?
The precise cause of vitiligo is not well understood. The white areas appear due to loss of the pigment (melanin) that gives skin its color and protects it from the su...
Isn't it just a cosmetic disorder?
Like it or not, we live in a society where appearance matters. It should come as no surprise that vitiligo impacts on the psychological well-being and quality of life ...