Keep up to date with the Vitiligo Research Foundation by signing up for our free quarterly newsletter.
As a subscriber, you will receive in the newsletter:
- Highlights of the latest in vitiligo research and treatments.
- Announcements of upcoming vitiligo related events and programs.
- Breaking news, which we feel is of importance to those interested in vitiligo area.
- Inspiring stories from famous vitiligans, celebrities and people around the world.
- Information about new books, music, movies, which we feel would be of interest to subscribers.
If you already signed up but are not receiving the newsletter, please read our guide on how to Whitelist Communications With VRF , and send us an email so we can verify you are on the list of subscribers.
Organised chronologically the older newsletters have been saved into PDF format for ease of reading.
- September 2014
In this issue, we discuss:
- Results of the World Vitiligo Day - 2014 campaign
- Incredible role model for everyone who feel different
- New vitiligo support groups from Australia, Serbia and USA
- Story: the Most Amazing Teen of the Year
- Latest Research Quarterly Review
- Promising new treatment, in clinical trials now
- New books on vitiligo
- Guide: How To Whitelist Our Communication
- Upcoming Events in Amritsar, Chicago and Istanbul.
- March 2014
In this issue, we discuss:
- Why Chantelle Brown-Young is an inspiration for us all
- New book as a wonderful tool to help your kid cope with vitiligo
- New vitiligo support groups in Belleville, New York and Sydney
- World Vitiligo Day T-shirt design and campaign warm-up
- New hunt for vitiligo genes by Prof. Spritz from University of Colorado
- Featured researcher Dr. John Harris from University of Massachusetts
and your donations at work at VR Foundation.
We would love to hear from you! If you have a news item, story, photo or idea that you would like to contribute to the newsletter, or if you have questions, suggestions, or comments please send us email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This page is still under construction until mid-September. We apologize for it's incomplete appearance.
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
New York Vitiligo Community Meeting
Our next meeting will be after the World Vitiligo Day conference in Detroit on Thursday, July 20th, 2017, at 7PM - 8:30PM on the 11th floor of NYU's Ambulatory Care Ce...20 July 2017 19:00, 240 East 38th Street, New York, NY
Master Class On Vitiligo In Pediatric Age
will be held alongside “International Forum on Paediatric Dermatology”, which will take place in Rome (Italy), on October 5-7, 2017. This is an exciting opportunity t...06 October 2017 09:00, P.zza Giovanni Randaccio, 1 - Rome...
Is vitiligo contagious?
Vitiligo is NOT contagious. It cannot be passed on or caught from touching someone with vitiligo, shaking hands, swimming in the same pool, sharing towels, sitting nex...
I have a new job - should I tell colleagues about my vitiligo?
If you are starting a new job and you are concerned about stares and questions about your skin, try a proactive approach. When the time is right and you are feeling co...
Is it possible to stop the progression of vitiligo?
It is true that vitiligo progression could be stopped in 4 out of 5 cases by the use of potent systemic corticosteroids. However, systemic corticosteroids might ha...
How to get insurance coverage for vitiligo treatments?
Most of health insurance companies will initially reject claims for vitiligo doctor visits or phototherapy treatments but with enough efforts you can have a substantia...