Keep up to date with the Vitiligo Research Foundation by signing up for our free quarterly newsletter.
As a subscriber, you will receive in the newsletter:
- Highlights of the latest in vitiligo research and treatments.
- Announcements of upcoming vitiligo related events and programs.
- Breaking news, which we feel is of importance to those interested in vitiligo area.
- Inspiring stories from famous vitiligans, celebrities and people around the world.
- Information about new books, music, movies, which we feel would be of interest to subscribers.
If you already signed up but are not receiving the newsletter, please read our guide on how to Whitelist Communications With VRF , and send us an email so we can verify you are on the list of subscribers.
Organised chronologically the older newsletters have been saved into PDF format for ease of reading.
- September 2014
In this issue, we discuss:
- Results of the World Vitiligo Day - 2014 campaign
- Incredible role model for everyone who feel different
- New vitiligo support groups from Australia, Serbia and USA
- Story: the Most Amazing Teen of the Year
- Latest Research Quarterly Review
- Promising new treatment, in clinical trials now
- New books on vitiligo
- Guide: How To Whitelist Our Communication
- Upcoming Events in Amritsar, Chicago and Istanbul.
- March 2014
In this issue, we discuss:
- Why Chantelle Brown-Young is an inspiration for us all
- New book as a wonderful tool to help your kid cope with vitiligo
- New vitiligo support groups in Belleville, New York and Sydney
- World Vitiligo Day T-shirt design and campaign warm-up
- New hunt for vitiligo genes by Prof. Spritz from University of Colorado
- Featured researcher Dr. John Harris from University of Massachusetts
and your donations at work at VR Foundation.
We would love to hear from you! If you have a news item, story, photo or idea that you would like to contribute to the newsletter, or if you have questions, suggestions, or comments please send us email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This page is still under construction until mid-September. We apologize for it's incomplete appearance.
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
United Nations ECOSOC session
The tenth session of the Conference of States Parties to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) will take place from Tuesday 13 to Thursday ...13 June 2017 10:00, UN Plaza, New York
World Vitiligo Day celebration conference in Detroit, USA
U.S. World Vitiligo Day 2017 Theme: "Step Up for Vitiligo: A Call for Truth, Hope and Change!" Reflecting the mission of the “Step Up for Vitiligo” campaign that came...23 June 2017 18:00, Detroit, Michigan, USA
How to get insurance coverage for vitiligo treatments?
Most of health insurance companies will initially reject claims for vitiligo doctor visits or phototherapy treatments but with enough efforts you can have a substantia...
Are there any famous people with vitiligo?
Many celebrities have dealt with vitiligo while remaining in the public eye, maintaining a positive outlook, and having a successful career. Here are a few courageous ...
What's better: laser or phototherapy?
In a recent controlled study researchers assessed effect and safety of different laser and phototherapy treatments, such as excimer laser/light, narrowband UVB, UVA an...
Can Scenesse be used for vitiligo treatment?
The drug Scenesse from Clinuvel has been tested in clinical trials in relation vitiligo. Profs. Henry Lim, Mark Lebwohl and coauthors reported (PubMed) results of mult...