This form is intended to be used for submission of pre-application (short research proposal.)
Eligibility criteria and conditions of award
- Principal investigator of the proposed project should have a full-time position in academic research lab, hospital or clinical unit.
- Proposed research should clearly contribute to development of novel treatment modalities of vitiligo or provide firm scientific basis for that.
- Approved research project will be financed based on the VRF Research Grant Agreement between VRF and administering organization with which project Principal investigator is affiliated.
- Grant award is subjected to obligation to submit final report on the work done in the frame of the project within 1 month after project completion.
- If awarded, funding should be spent solely to conduct research described in the proposal at the Principal investigator's discretion.
After primary evaluation of pre-applications, selected applicants will be asked to submit research proposals in full, which will be peer-reviewed** to select a project for financial support.
Completing the form
- This form should be filled out by a project Principal investigator (PI).
- Use 12 pt font size, single-spaced text when filling the form. Do not alter page margins in the document.
- When filling the Pre-Application Form below, please keep strictly within indicated page limits. Applications with violated page limits will not be considered.
- The form is in Microsoft Word format (DOC file). After completing the form, convert the file to PDF format and save with a file name VRF_In_[PI Last Name].
This form should be submitted to VRF as a single PDF file attached to e-mail and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put "Pre-application Form" into message subject line.
There are no deadlines for Pre-Application submission.
Please confine this section to ONE page.
Project title: ____
Principal investigator title and name: _____
Grantee organization name: ______
Requested funds: $ ________ (maximum amount of requested funds is $50,000 per year)
Proposed project duration: __ months (maximum project duration is 24 months)
Research project description
Provide brief description of the field motivating project research goals. It is desirable to provide relevant information on prior contribution of Principal investigator to the field.
Briefly and precisely state research goals of the projects. List specific research objectives.
Concisely describe experimental approaches which will be used to reach research objectives.
Summaries expected results of the project. Focus on their contribution to understanding and/or solving vitiligo problem.
Implementation of project results
Clearly outline, how project results will contribute to development of novel vitiligo treatment modalities or improving existing ones.
Principal investigator (PI) information
Project title: ____
PI title and name: ____
Current position: ____
Current affiliation: ____
Grantee organization: ____
List all degrees earned with year, speciality and awarding entity
List all affiliations with dates, positions held and affiliations
Publications (reference in PubMed format; underline PI name in author list)
List up to 5 key publication in vitiligo field
List up to 10 key publication regardless their relations to vitiligo
* VRF does not take any commitments to award the grant which will be done solely on the VRF's discretion and is subjected to high scientific quality of the proposal and its significant contribution to solving vitiligo problem.
** VRF will provide applicants with neither comments on rejected pre-application research proposals nor reasons for rejection.
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
NYU Vitiligo Support Group Meeting on November 2nd.
The next meeting of New York Vitiligo Support Group will be held on Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 6:30PM - 8:00PM on the 11th floor of NYU's Ambulatory Care Center at...02 November 2016 18:30, NYU's Ambulatory Care Center at 24...
Palestine Pan Arab Master Class on Vitiligo
This master-class will be held alongside 15th Pan Arab Congress of Dermatology and Venereology, jointly with the 4th International Palestinian Congress, in Ramallah (P...08 November 2016 09:00, Ramallah, Palestine
Polypodium leucotomos as an adjunct treatment for vitiligo?
Extracts of the tropical fern Polypodium leucotomos appear to possess beneficial properties for the vitiligious skin. Polypodium leucotomos (also classified as Polypo...
Why there is no drug for vitiligo yet?
Despite the dearth of medications available to treat psoriasis - a disease with similar prevalence numbers and impact on quality of life - vitiligo has no known cure o...
What causes vitiligo?
The precise cause of vitiligo is not well understood. The white areas appear due to loss of the pigment (melanin) that gives skin its color and protects it from the su...
Will it spread?
The condition varies from person to person. Some people only get a few small, white patches that progress no further. Other people get bigger white patches that join u...