This form is intended to be used for submission of pre-application (short research proposal.)
Eligibility criteria and conditions of award
- Principal investigator of the proposed project should have a full-time position in academic research lab, hospital or clinical unit.
- Proposed research should clearly contribute to development of novel treatment modalities of vitiligo or provide firm scientific basis for that.
- Approved research project will be financed based on the VRF Research Grant Agreement between VRF and administering organization with which project Principal investigator is affiliated.
- Grant award is subjected to obligation to submit final report on the work done in the frame of the project within 1 month after project completion.
- If awarded, funding should be spent solely to conduct research described in the proposal at the Principal investigator's discretion.
After primary evaluation of pre-applications, selected applicants will be asked to submit research proposals in full, which will be peer-reviewed** to select a project for financial support.
Completing the form
- This form should be filled out by a project Principal investigator (PI).
- Use 12 pt font size, single-spaced text when filling the form. Do not alter page margins in the document.
- When filling the Pre-Application Form below, please keep strictly within indicated page limits. Applications with violated page limits will not be considered.
- The form is in Microsoft Word format (DOC file). After completing the form, convert the file to PDF format and save with a file name VRF_In_[PI Last Name].
This form should be submitted to VRF as a single PDF file attached to e-mail and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put "Pre-application Form" into message subject line.
There are no deadlines for Pre-Application submission.
Please confine this section to ONE page.
Project title: ____
Principal investigator title and name: _____
Grantee organization name: ______
Requested funds: $ ________ (maximum amount of requested funds is $50,000 per year)
Proposed project duration: __ months (maximum project duration is 24 months)
Research project description
Provide brief description of the field motivating project research goals. It is desirable to provide relevant information on prior contribution of Principal investigator to the field.
Briefly and precisely state research goals of the projects. List specific research objectives.
Concisely describe experimental approaches which will be used to reach research objectives.
Summaries expected results of the project. Focus on their contribution to understanding and/or solving vitiligo problem.
Implementation of project results
Clearly outline, how project results will contribute to development of novel vitiligo treatment modalities or improving existing ones.
Principal investigator (PI) information
Project title: ____
PI title and name: ____
Current position: ____
Current affiliation: ____
Grantee organization: ____
List all degrees earned with year, speciality and awarding entity
List all affiliations with dates, positions held and affiliations
Publications (reference in PubMed format; underline PI name in author list)
List up to 5 key publication in vitiligo field
List up to 10 key publication regardless their relations to vitiligo
* VRF does not take any commitments to award the grant which will be done solely on the VRF's discretion and is subjected to high scientific quality of the proposal and its significant contribution to solving vitiligo problem.
** VRF will provide applicants with neither comments on rejected pre-application research proposals nor reasons for rejection.
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
VI Master Class on Vitiligo and Pigmentary Disorders in Croatia
VI Master Class on Vitiligo and Pigmentary Disorders (originally scheduled for Fall 2014) will be held under the presidency of Prof. Anrija Stanimirovic in a picturesq...01 May 2015 09:00, Radisson Blu Resort, Put Trstenika...
Master-class on Vitiligo in Tehran
A one-day intense program, connected with 10th Congress of New Articles, Innovations in Dermatology. Notable speakers include Prof. Parviz Toossi and Prof. Fariba Ghal...13 May 2015 10:00, Skin Research Center at Shohada-e ...
Dermaroller® use for vitiligo therapy
A derma-roller is a medical device that looks like a cylindrical shaped drum studded with very fine needles and is produced under several different names. It is used i...
Can Ginkgo Biloba help with vitiligo?
Ginkgo Biloba extract seems to be a simple, safe and fairly effective therapy for arresting the progression of the vitiligo. Ginkgo Biloba is known to have anti-inflam...
Who is prone to vitiligo?
Vitiligo affects 0.5-2% of the population, and occurs in all races and all social levels. Vitiligo can affect people of all ages, but often starts between the ages of ...
Is it possible to stop the progression of vitiligo?
It is true that vitiligo progression could be stopped in 4 out of 5 cases by the use of potent systemic corticosteroids. However, systemic corticosteroids might ha...