This form is intended to be used for submission of pre-application (short research proposal.)
Eligibility criteria and conditions of award
- Principal investigator of the proposed project should have a full-time position in academic research lab, hospital or clinical unit.
- Proposed research should clearly contribute to development of novel treatment modalities of vitiligo or provide firm scientific basis for that.
- Approved research project will be financed based on the VRF Research Grant Agreement between VRF and administering organization with which project Principal investigator is affiliated.
- Grant award is subjected to obligation to submit final report on the work done in the frame of the project within 1 month after project completion.
- If awarded, funding should be spent solely to conduct research described in the proposal at the Principal investigator's discretion.
After primary evaluation of pre-applications, selected applicants will be asked to submit research proposals in full, which will be peer-reviewed** to select a project for financial support.
Completing the form
- This form should be filled out by a project Principal investigator (PI).
- Use 12 pt font size, single-spaced text when filling the form. Do not alter page margins in the document.
- When filling the Pre-Application Form below, please keep strictly within indicated page limits. Applications with violated page limits will not be considered.
- The form is in Microsoft Word format (DOC file). After completing the form, convert the file to PDF format and save with a file name VRF_In_[PI Last Name].
This form should be submitted to VRF as a single PDF file attached to e-mail and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put "Pre-application Form" into message subject line.
There are no deadlines for Pre-Application submission.
Please confine this section to ONE page.
Project title: ____
Principal investigator title and name: _____
Grantee organization name: ______
Requested funds: $ ________ (maximum amount of requested funds is $50,000 per year)
Proposed project duration: __ months (maximum project duration is 24 months)
Research project description
Provide brief description of the field motivating project research goals. It is desirable to provide relevant information on prior contribution of Principal investigator to the field.
Briefly and precisely state research goals of the projects. List specific research objectives.
Concisely describe experimental approaches which will be used to reach research objectives.
Summaries expected results of the project. Focus on their contribution to understanding and/or solving vitiligo problem.
Implementation of project results
Clearly outline, how project results will contribute to development of novel vitiligo treatment modalities or improving existing ones.
Principal investigator (PI) information
Project title: ____
PI title and name: ____
Current position: ____
Current affiliation: ____
Grantee organization: ____
List all degrees earned with year, speciality and awarding entity
List all affiliations with dates, positions held and affiliations
Publications (reference in PubMed format; underline PI name in author list)
List up to 5 key publication in vitiligo field
List up to 10 key publication regardless their relations to vitiligo
* VRF does not take any commitments to award the grant which will be done solely on the VRF's discretion and is subjected to high scientific quality of the proposal and its significant contribution to solving vitiligo problem.
** VRF will provide applicants with neither comments on rejected pre-application research proposals nor reasons for rejection.
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
NY Vitiligo Support Group meeting
We look forward to seeing everyone at our next meeting, which will be on Wednesday, November 4, at 6:30 PM on the 11th floor of NYU's Ambulatory Care Center on 240 Eas...04 November 2015 18:30, 240 East 38th Street, New York, NY
XIII Master Class On Vitiligo in Tel Aviv, Israel
The program will include a variety of talks, discussions, and demonstrations focusing on vitiligo pathogenesis, disease management, Dead Sea climatotherapy, photothera...25 November 2015 09:00, Tel Aviv, Israel
Are there any famous people with vitiligo?
Many celebrities have dealt with vitiligo while remaining in the public eye, maintaining a positive outlook, and having a successful career. Here are a few courageous ...
Is there a special diet for vitiligo?
We have specifically looked into claims that some food supplements or special diet may ease symptoms of vitiligo, or completely reverse it, and found no firm scientifi...
Can chemicals cause vitiligo?
Yes, certain chemicals can, indeed, induce or worsen vitiligo. Most commonly they include phenols, such as 4-tertiary-butyl phenol (4-TBP, found in adhesives) or 4-ter...
Is there a traditional medicine to treat vitiligo?
During the last decades, new methods of therapeutic research, ethno-botany and ethno-pharmacology and even archeo-pharmacology (PubMed), have been used extensively to ...