Summary of changes
Our web sites served well over 1.2 million users from every country of the world. Over half of our web traffic is now mobile. We survived several nasty cyber attacks. We are now implementing new technologies to better serve and empower vitiligo patients, to create even more change in the community. To that end, we're making some key updates to our policies that we'd like to share with you.
The VRFoundation.org updated Terms of Service will take effect on February 1, 2017. Because many of you are allergic to legalese, here’s a plain English summary for your convenience.
- First, we’ve done our very best to get rid of complex legal terms to make these policies as clear as possible, because we want you to understand what they say.
- Second, we clearly indicate how we collect and use information about our website visitors and survey participants, which will keep your privacy and online safety protected at all times.
- Third, we explain how we can give you relevant content from a range of sources that is most likely to matter to you.
Here’s one thing we're not changing: VRFoundation.org is still free and open. You can use our website to:
- obtain reliable information about vitiligo and skin health,
- locate vitiligo specialist or support group on the World Vitiligo Map,
- sign World Vitiligo Day petitions,
regardless of who you are, where you come from and what device you use to access it.
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
The Step Up for Vitiligo Gala
Dallas-Fort Worth Vitiligo Support Group is organizing 'The Step Up for Vitiligo Gala' which will take place on April 28th in Austin, Texas at UT-Austin. Dr. Ammar Ah...28 April 2018 12:00, Austin, Texas at UT-Austin
11th session of the Conference of States Parties to the CRPD
The 11th session Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) will take place at the United Nations Headquarters, New York, from 12 to 14 June 2018. Mo...12 June 2018 09:00, UN Plaza, New York
What's better: laser or phototherapy?
In a recent study researchers assessed effect and safety of different laser and phototherapy treatments, such as excimer laser/light, narrowband UVB, UVA and PUVA. No...
Is it possible to stop the progression of vitiligo?
It is true that vitiligo progression could be stopped in 4 out of 5 cases by the use of potent systemic corticosteroids - that is, oral medications. However, system...
Are there any famous people with vitiligo?
Many celebrities have dealt with vitiligo while remaining in the public eye, maintaining a positive outlook, and having a successful career. Here are a few courageous ...