Summary of changes
Our web sites served well over 1.2 million users from every country of the world. Over half of our web traffic is now mobile. We survived several nasty cyber attacks. We are now implementing new technologies to better serve and empower vitiligo patients, to create even more change in the community. To that end, we're making some key updates to our policies that we'd like to share with you.
The VRFoundation.org updated Terms of Service will take effect on February 1, 2017. Because many of you are allergic to legalese, here’s a plain English summary for your convenience.
- First, we’ve done our very best to get rid of complex legal terms to make these policies as clear as possible, because we want you to understand what they say.
- Second, we clearly indicate how we collect and use information about our website visitors and survey participants, which will keep your privacy and online safety protected at all times.
- Third, we explain how we can give you relevant content from a range of sources that is most likely to matter to you.
Here’s one thing we're not changing: VRFoundation.org is still free and open. You can use our website to:
- obtain reliable information about vitiligo and skin health,
- locate vitiligo specialist or support group on the World Vitiligo Map,
- sign World Vitiligo Day petitions,
regardless of who you are, where you come from and what device you use to access it.
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
NY Vitiligo Community Meeting in September
Our next meeting will be on Thursday, September 21st, at 7PM - 8:30PM on the 11th floor of NYU's Ambulatory Care Center at 240 East 38th Street, between 2nd and 3rd Av...21 September 2017 19:00, 11th floor of NYU's Ambulatory Car...
Vitiligo Advocacy Day at the US Capitol
Save-the-Date for the much anticipated Vitiligo Advocacy Day at the United States Capitol this fall. As many of you know, the Advocacy Committee of the Global Vitilig...04 October 2017 10:00, Washington, DC
Why there is no drug for vitiligo yet?
Despite the dearth of medications available to treat psoriasis - a disease with similar prevalence numbers and impact on quality of life - vitiligo has no known cure o...
What causes vitiligo?
The precise cause of vitiligo is not well understood. The white areas appear due to loss of the pigment (melanin) that gives skin its color and protects it from the su...
Is there a traditional medicine to treat vitiligo?
During the last decades, new methods of therapeutic research, ethno-botany and ethno-pharmacology and even archeo-pharmacology (PubMed), have been used extensively to ...
Is it possible to stop the progression of vitiligo?
It is true that vitiligo progression could be stopped in 4 out of 5 cases by the use of potent systemic corticosteroids. However, systemic corticosteroids might ha...