Summary of changes
Our web sites served well over 1.2 million users from every country of the world. Over half of our web traffic is now mobile. We survived several nasty cyber attacks. We are now implementing new technologies to better serve and empower vitiligo patients, to create even more change in the community. To that end, we're making some key updates to our policies that we'd like to share with you.
The VRFoundation.org updated Terms of Service will take effect on February 1, 2017. Because many of you are allergic to legalese, here’s a plain English summary for your convenience.
- First, we’ve done our very best to get rid of complex legal terms to make these policies as clear as possible, because we want you to understand what they say.
- Second, we clearly indicate how we collect and use information about our website visitors and survey participants, which will keep your privacy and online safety protected at all times.
- Third, we explain how we can give you relevant content from a range of sources that is most likely to matter to you.
Here’s one thing we're not changing: VRFoundation.org is still free and open. You can use our website to:
- obtain reliable information about vitiligo and skin health,
- locate vitiligo specialist or support group on the World Vitiligo Map,
- sign World Vitiligo Day petitions,
regardless of who you are, where you come from and what device you use to access it.
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
Master Class On Vitiligo In Pediatric Age
will be held alongside “International Forum on Paediatric Dermatology”, which will take place in Rome (Italy), on October 5-7, 2017. This is an exciting opportunity t...06 October 2017 09:00, P.zza Giovanni Randaccio, 1 - Rome...
Master Class On Vitiligo alongside the World Congress Of Dermatology
The Italian Society of Dermatology will host the 24th World Congress of Dermatology in Milan, Italy, under the auspices of the International League of Dermatological ...10 June 2019 09:00, Milan, Italy
Will it spread?
The condition varies from person to person. Some people only get a few small, white patches that progress no further. Other people get bigger white patches that join u...
Can Ginkgo Biloba help with vitiligo?
Ginkgo Biloba extract seems to be a simple, safe and fairly effective therapy for arresting the progression of the vitiligo. Ginkgo Biloba is known to have anti-inflam...
Is vitiligo contagious?
Vitiligo is NOT contagious. It cannot be passed on or caught from touching someone with vitiligo, shaking hands, swimming in the same pool, sharing towels, sitting nex...
What causes vitiligo?
The precise cause of vitiligo is not well understood. The white areas appear due to loss of the pigment (melanin) that gives skin its color and protects it from the su...