Summary of changes
Our web sites served well over 1.2 million users from every country of the world. Over half of our web traffic is now mobile. We survived several nasty cyber attacks. We are now implementing new technologies to better serve and empower vitiligo patients, to create even more change in the community. To that end, we're making some key updates to our policies that we'd like to share with you.
The VRFoundation.org updated Terms of Service will take effect on February 1, 2017. Because many of you are allergic to legalese, here’s a plain English summary for your convenience.
- First, we’ve done our very best to get rid of complex legal terms to make these policies as clear as possible, because we want you to understand what they say.
- Second, we clearly indicate how we collect and use information about our website visitors and survey participants, which will keep your privacy and online safety protected at all times.
- Third, we explain how we can give you relevant content from a range of sources that is most likely to matter to you.
Here’s one thing we're not changing: VRFoundation.org is still free and open. You can use our website to:
- obtain reliable information about vitiligo and skin health,
- locate vitiligo specialist or support group on the World Vitiligo Map,
- sign World Vitiligo Day petitions,
regardless of who you are, where you come from and what device you use to access it.
I support the petition to designate June 25 as Vitiligo World Day and save millions of people worldwide from social isolation and persecution.
What is coming?
High-level Meeting on the Asian and Pacific Decade of People With Disabilities
The UN's Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), in cooperation with the China Disabled Persons’ Federation (CDPF), is organizing the High-lev...27 November 2017 09:00, Beijing, China
XXIV Master Class in Ha Noi, Vietnam
will be held alongside 3rd Indo China Dermatology Conference and the Annual Scientific Meeting Of Dermatology and Venereology of the VSDV. Details01 December 2017 09:00, Melia Hotel, 44 Ly Thuong Kiet, Ha...
Is it possible to stop the progression of vitiligo?
It is true that vitiligo progression could be stopped in 4 out of 5 cases by the use of potent systemic corticosteroids. However, systemic corticosteroids might ha...
What tests should be done?
No tests are usually necessary to make the diagnosis. The white patches may be seen more easily under Wood's light examination.
How to get insurance coverage for vitiligo treatments?
Most of health insurance companies will initially reject claims for vitiligo doctor visits or phototherapy treatments but with enough efforts you can have a substantia...