Here is what your donation can do for vitiligo victims
- $10 buys essential VITAMINS to improve skin for a month
- $25 provides kid with CAMOUFLAGE for a month
- $50 covers cost of a BLOOD TEST at the lab
- $100 pays for one PHOTOTHERAPY session.
The Vitiligo Research Foundation was established in 2010 and already has assumed a critical role in accelerating the search for a cure and for better treatment options. Here are some of our accomplishments to date:
- Created the first Vitiligo BioBank, which connects eleven international locations and contains a large collection of bio-samples and clinical records made available to the scientific community.
- Created the Vitiligo CloudBank, the first electronic health record system for research in vitiligo, and a portal by which patients can anonymously monitor their own vitiligo condition and treatment progression.
- Sponsored Master Classes in nine countries, bringing together dermatologists, researchers and students to share and learn about the latest developments in vitiligo management.
- Launched the World Vitiligo Day campaign to increase awareness of vitiligo and made June 25 a date to be observed annually by the United Nations.
- Supported vitiligo groups in India, the United States, and also in Croatia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Nigeria, Serbia, Russia.
- Created an open World Vitiligo Directory and Map to connect the entire research community with patient support groups.
- Most importantly, we have identified potential biomarkers and receptors for continued research.
But we cannot do this without your help!
All our activities require funding, and as a 501(c) 3, your contribution to the VR Foundation is fully tax deductible. Please give as generously as you can, so that we can develop new treatments and help those in need now.
Photo credits: Stephanie Corne. All rights reserved. Used with permission.