Our work is entirely funded by private donations – we receive no money from government. Your money will help us continue funding research into vitiligo and supporting people affected by the condition.
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Vitiligo International Patient Organizations Committee (VIPOC) is excited to release its ‘Save-The-Date’ for in-person VIPOC Conference 2022.
This typically biennial event will take place in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, from Thursday, April 21st through Saturday, April 23rd, 2022. Due to the COVID-19 vaccination rates and safety protocols in place, organizers feel confident in holding the in-person conference and sharing this save-the-date announcement.
In the coming weeks, VIPOC will be distributing additional information regarding registration, travel and accommodations, keynote speakers, and sponsorship opportunities.
Wednesday April 20th
Afternoon - Arrival, welcoming cocktail and diner hosted by Vitiligo.nl, the Dutch Vitiligo Patient Association
Thursday April 21st - Patient leader’s day
- Presentation of the Vitiligo patient groups delegates
- Best practices and awareness initiatives
- Group discussion: role/place of patient organizations in study and medical processes
- VITAL project : presentation, patient organization involvement – Q&A
- New roles and tasks for patient organizations in drug approval process, European Medicament Agency view
- Group discussion: advocacy targets and objectives for the next two years
- Summary of the day
Friday April 22nd - Industry day
Morning - Scientific presentations
- New findings in vitiligo
- Burden data
- New vitiligo Guidelines 2022
- Vitiligo pipelines
- Clinical trials (closed, ongoing, forecasted)
- Future : New drugs
- Access to data and explanation of the resultsPatient organizations involvement in cure process
Saturday 23rd - Pharma day
Morning : Working groups with Pharma industries
Afternoon - Cultural understanding of arts (Rijksmuseum visit), visit of Amsterdam
Evening - official VIPOC conference closing dinner
Technical support: www.vitiligo.nl
- What is vitiligo?
Vitiligo (pronounced vit-ill-EYE-go) is a generally unpredictable skin disease that causes a gradual loss of skin color and overlying hair on different parts of the body. Cont...
- Can Ayurveda help with vitiligo?
People have used herbs and natural remedies to treat skin conditions for centuries. Vitiligo is an auto-immune condition that causes white patches of skin to develop and expand...
- Is vitiligo contagious?
Vitiligo is NOT contagious. It cannot be passed on or caught from touching someone with vitiligo, shaking hands, swimming in the same pool, sharing towels, sitting next to someo...
Though it is not always easy to treat vitiligo, there is much to be gained by clearly understanding the diagnosis, the future implications, treatment options and their outcomes.
Many people deal with vitiligo while remaining in the public eye, maintaining a positive outlook, and having a successful career.Copyright (C) Bodolóczki Júlia
By taking a little time to fill in the anonymous questionnaire, you can help researchers better understand and fight vitiligo.