Our work is entirely funded by private donations – we receive no money from government. Your money will help us continue funding research into vitiligo and supporting people affected by the condition.
USA / online
MyVitiligoTeam and the Global Vitiligo Foundation are excited to announce the 2020 Virtual World Vitiligo Day - USA event.
This year's conference will be held on Saturday, June 27. It starts at 10 a.m. PDT / 12 p.m. CDT / 1 p.m. EDT.
Everyone is welcome to join us on this special day to learn and share together. A free registration is required.
- 1:00 pm ET - Opening Welcome. Event host Tiffanie Foster and founding Co-Chair of the Global Vitiligo Foundation, Dr. Iltefat Hamzavi.
- 1:15 pm ET - That Vitiligo Guy: James Mcleod shares his vitiligo story as a motivational speaker, social influencer, personal trainer, and author.
- 1:45 pm ET - History of World Vitiligo Day: Executive Director of the Vitiligo Research Foundation, Professor Yan Valle, shares how this special day started (video recording)
- 2:00 pm ET - Mental Health and Wellbeing: Licensed professional therapist, Andre Joachim, and globally recognized dermatologic expert, Dr. Pearl Grimes, discuss the importance of emotional wellness during these extraordinary times. Moderated by MyVitiligoTeam cofounder, Eric Peacock.
- 2:30 pm ET - Vitiligo Portrait Series: Renowned British photographer, Brock Elbank, tells stories of the phenomenal subjects who took part in his 2017 portrait series.
- 3:00 pm ET - Community Q&A: Hear stories and ask questions of other vitiligo community members. Hosted by Tiffanie Foster.
- 3:15 pm ET - Advocacy and Policy:
Dr. Seemal Desai, a Diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology, provides an advocacy and policy update.
- 3:30 pm ET - Doctor Panel and Q&A:
Medical experts discuss the latest vitiligo research, treatments and answer your questions. Roundtable discussion with Dr. Richard Huggins, Dr. Pearl Grimes, Dr. Iltefat Hamzavi, Dr. Amit Pandya, and Dr. Seemal R Desai.
- 4:00 pm ET - MyVitiligoTeam: Learn about the power of connecting people with chronic conditions through a dedicated social network. Eric Peacock, CEO of MyHealthTeams, demonstrates the features and benefits of the MyVitiligoTeam online community.
- 4:30 pm ET- Closing & Thank You:Founder of Minnesota VITFriends, Alicia Roufs, shares a preview of World Vitiligo Day 2021.
- Shall I take vitamin D for my vitiligo?
In Brief Vitamin D plays a central role in the prevention of different inflammatory and chronic diseases. Consuming 1,000–4,000 IU (25–100 mcg) of vitamin D3 daily should be id...
- Can Ayurveda help with vitiligo?
People have used herbs and natural remedies to treat skin conditions for centuries. Vitiligo is an auto-immune condition that causes white patches of skin to develop and expand...
- Is it Bitiligo? Vitaligo? Veteligo?
There are so many different ways that people try and spell or even pronounce Vitiligo. Here are some common mis-spellings: bitiligo, vitigo, vitaligo, vitilago, vitiglio, vita...
Though it is not always easy to treat vitiligo, there is much to be gained by clearly understanding the diagnosis, the future implications, treatment options and their outcomes.
Many people deal with vitiligo while remaining in the public eye, maintaining a positive outlook, and having a successful career.Copyright (C) Bodolóczki Júlia
By taking a little time to fill in the anonymous questionnaire, you can help researchers better understand and fight vitiligo.