We'll give you a free digital copy of "A No-Nonsense Guide To Vitiligo" in exchange for just a few minutes of your time! When you complete the Vitiligo Quality of Life survey you will receive link to a free download of the ebook in English or Spanish.
So please click on your country from the list here to complete the anonymous form. It’s just ten short questions, so it’s super-quick.
ABOUT THE BOOK
In this unique book, Yan Valle – author, campaigner and CEO of Vitiligo Research Foundation – will guide you through symptoms, decipher medical jargon and explore treatments, so you can choose the proper therapy for yourself – or knowingly abstain from it.
The smart and accessible book is comprised of three sections: Body, Environment, and Treatments. Of course, there is tremendous overlap across the sections, as they are interdependent. In fact, you could think of the three as a tripod, upon which any treatment is balanced. One needs all three to have any sustainable success in treating vitiligo – or indeed any other condition. Dashing from the root cause to a future lifestyle, the author reveals what you really need to know and what you must avoid, in order to manage this weird, complicated disease.
A half of fifty seven bite-sized chapters recounts a conversation or situation that the author has been a part of as CEO of VR Foundation. Real-life examples are used to illustrate different vitiligo treatment scenarios, which you can discuss further with your doctor.
WHAT IT WILL DO FOR YOU
- Save you the countless hours spent searching the web for information, only to realize most of it's worthless.
- Save all the time and effort spent on seeing non-specialist doctors who can't help you.
- Save the thousands of dollar spent on bogus supplements, snake oil cures and confusing research papers.
Just some of the topics covered inside:
- The link between vitiligo and other diseases.
- How to detect early signs of vitiligo.
- How to identify potential triggers and everyday household items you should avoid.
- The environmental factors and stress-related issues that can cause vitiligo.
- Common treatment strategies and protocols. Which one is good for you?
- Frequent treatment mistakes and how to fix them.
- Natural remedies and diets for vitiligo: what’s true, what’s not.
- How to break the vicious Catch 22 cycle.
A thoroughly researched, easy-to-read and jargon-free guide to vitiligo – this is essential reading for vitiligo patients, or anyone interested in the condition. It's easy to read over a weekend, yet it is extensively referenced to encourage a deeper investigation into the subject, if necessary.
- Which diseases most commonly accompany vitiligo?
According to a 10-year study, vitiligo patients have a statistically significant higher prevalence of other autoimmune conditions and dermatological disorders: hypothyroidism...
- Vitiligo and hearing loss: any connection?
In short, NO. Recent research shows no relationship between a degree of skin depigmentation and hearing loss severity in vitiligo patients. The results of this study showed tha...
- Can chemicals cause vitiligo?
It’s important to remember there are multiple factors involved in vitiligo onset, including genetic predisposition, living and working environments, and exposure to certain chem...
Our work is entirely funded by private donations – we receive no money from government. Your money will help us continue funding research into vitiligo and supporting people affected by the condition.
Though it is not always easy to treat vitiligo, there is much to be gained by clearly understanding the diagnosis, the future implications, treatment options and their outcomes.
Many people deal with vitiligo while remaining in the public eye, maintaining a positive outlook, and having a successful career.Copyright (C) Bodolóczki Júlia
By taking a little time to fill in the anonymous questionnaire, you can help researchers better understand and fight vitiligo.