Thank you for your participation in a Vitiligo Quality of Life study!
The results from the study, when completed, will be published in the medical literature and made publicly available. A summary of the results will be posted on this website. You may sign up to our newsletter to be notified by email when the results are posted.
Here is a link to download your free digital copy from Smashwords:
- A No-Nonsense Guide To Vitiligo (English edition). Coupon code is SD46S
- Una Guía Pertinente Para El Vitiligo (Spanish edition). Coupon code is XV58P
Enter the coupon code (not case-sensitive) prior to completing your checkout for a 100% discount. The coupon expires on July 1st, 2021.
ABOUT THE BOOK
In this unique book, Yan Valle – author, campaigner and CEO of Vitiligo Research Foundation – will guide you through symptoms, decipher medical jargon and explore treatments, so you can choose the proper therapy for yourself – or knowingly abstain from it.
The smart and accessible book is comprised of three sections: Body, Environment, and Treatments. Of course, there is tremendous overlap across the sections, as they are interdependent. In fact, you could think of the three as a tripod, upon which any treatment is balanced. One needs all three to have any sustainable success in treating vitiligo – or indeed any other condition. Dashing from the root cause to a future lifestyle, the author reveals what you really need to know and what you must avoid, in order to manage this weird, complicated disease.
A half of fifty seven bite-sized chapters recounts a conversation or situation that the author has been a part of as CEO of VR Foundation. Real-life examples are used to illustrate different vitiligo treatment scenarios, which you can discuss further with your doctor.
WHAT IT WILL DO FOR YOU
- Save you the countless hours spent searching the web for information, only to realize most of it's worthless.
- Save all the time and effort spent on seeing non-specialist doctors who can't help you.
- Save the thousands of dollar spent on bogus supplements, snake oil cures and confusing research papers.
Just some of the topics covered inside:
- The link between vitiligo and other diseases.
- How to detect early signs of vitiligo.
- How to identify potential triggers and everyday household items you should avoid.
- The environmental factors and stress-related issues that can cause vitiligo.
- Common treatment strategies and protocols. Which one is good for you?
- Frequent treatment mistakes and how to fix them.
- Natural remedies and diets for vitiligo: what’s true, what’s not.
- How to break the vicious Catch 22 cycle.
A thoroughly researched, easy-to-read and jargon-free guide to vitiligo – this is essential reading for vitiligo patients, or anyone interested in the condition. It's easy to read over a weekend, yet it is extensively referenced to encourage a deeper investigation into the subject, if necessary.
- Who is prone to vitiligo?
Scientists know that some people are genetically predisposed to a specific group of autoimmune diseases – including generalized vitiligo – but do not know who and why.It doesn’t...
- Can Ginkgo Biloba help with vitiligo?
Ginkgo Biloba seems to be a simple, safe, inexpensive and fairly effective therapy for vitiligo. It is mostly effective in halting the progression of the disease. It can also sp...
- What is vitiligo?
Vitiligo (pronounced vit-ill-EYE-go) is a relatively common skin disease characterized by smooth, white, painless spots or patches on various parts of the body and hairs above i...
Our work is entirely funded by private donations – we receive no money from government. Your money will help us continue funding research into vitiligo and supporting people affected by the condition.
Though it is not always easy to treat vitiligo, there is much to be gained by clearly understanding the diagnosis, the future implications, treatment options and their outcomes.
Many people deal with vitiligo while remaining in the public eye, maintaining a positive outlook, and having a successful career.Copyright (C) Bodolóczki Júlia
By taking a little time to fill in the anonymous questionnaire, you can help researchers better understand and fight vitiligo.